Pumpkin Spice Scones Recipe – Oh So Yummy!
There’s something about scones that just makes me crave them. These Pumpkin Spice Scones are no exception!
No matter how you pronounce the word scones they are a tasty treat and we love the versatility of them. You can have savory scones, sweet scones, fancy scones, the ideas are endless. I tend to love the savory ones most of the time but I never turn down a good scone with a little dollop of butter or two. These pumpkin spice scones were a lot easier to make than I thought they would be too. That could be dangerous as I might make them a little too often!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, preferably cold
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice Candy Melts
- 2 teaspoons shortening or lard
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Stir all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, then the 1/2 cup whipping cream, then the pumpkin puree and spices.
- Add the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture one cup at a time, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean, floured surface and roll into a large circle, no more than 2" thick.
- Cut into "pizza slice" triangles, and then brush overtop with the 2 Tablespoons whipping cream. Sprinkle on additional pumpkin spice mix.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until golden and scones have formed a hard crust.
- Cool on a baking sheet and meanwhile make the glaze. Melt the candy melts along with the shortening in a microwavable mug in 20 second bursts, stirring well in between.
- You can pipe the glaze onto the scones, or drizzle on with a spoon.
I know the season of pumpkins is over but I never get tired of pumpkin and these scones, I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of these. They taste too darn good especially with a cup of tea or coffee and a warm scone with some butter on it. Oh boy now that is a heavenly moment of deliciousness in my opinion. You can also add some chocolate chips or cranberries to this recipe if you want to make it a little bit different. Either option or neither are good, it’s whatever you like to have.
Are you now hungry for Pumpkin Spice Scones? Go and try them out and let us know how you liked them. Don’t forget we have many, many other recipes too from the sweet to savory and of course some healthy meals too.
Get our FREE Simply Sweet Recipes eBook HERE
Leave us a comment below to tell us if you’ve made or are thinking about making this scrumptious recipe, we love to hear from you all. Now what are you waiting for go and have a treat, preferably a pumpkin spice scone 😉