Powered by Mom blog shares Tween Birthday Party Themes and Ideas that YOU suggested!
My daughter’s 12th birthday is coming up next month so I went to my best resource for ideas and that was YOU my readers! I asked for some ideas on our Facebook page and the amazing ideas just kept coming. You all are fantastic and so creative I loved all of the ideas so I thought I should share them with everyone as they’re too good not to share! You can see all the original comments HERE!
I had what I think is a great idea for loot bags! I’ve put in an order for some fun jewelry from Amazon that were ALL $1 or less each and included FREE shipping! You can check out that jewelry round up HERE but they include pieces like the one below which is only $0.99 each with FREE shipping!
I also thought I’d share what we did for the last two parties as they were both a hit!
- Last year for her 11th birthday we did a Scavenger Hunt in the neighborhood, marshmallow roast, hoola hoop contest, pinata and more it was lots of fun! You can read more about that fun party HERE. Oh yes the girls also “slept over” although no sleeping was really involved lol
- The year before that it was all about the pampering! I had twelve 10-11 year girls at the house and they got manicures and make-up done and we created individual & personalized memory books for them which they LOVED. As well all the girls signed and decorated a party memory board that my daughter still has hanging on her bedroom wall! You can read about that one HERE. There are also some pics below from these parties check it out!
Now for the 2013 party ideas that you all contributed your thoughts!
- A scavenger hunt. The clues we for them to guess a theme which they had to use to decorate a cookie… Which was a contest! They voted on the best cookie, and the winner got an iTunes gift card! We did 3 rounds.
- Tie and dye shirts for a party. The girls also enjoyed planning to wear their shirts to school on the same days. Then they all made pizzas and played Wii dance.
- Decorate 5×7 picture frames with fun stuff like buttons,shells,old broken jewelry,beads, whatever.Then take pictures of them making their frame,or with your daughter and print them out on your computer. so they have a keepsake and a memory to take home.
- 50s sock hop
- Make fresh fruit arrangements with all the melons and grapes berries use cookie cutters for design and get a small pal or basket cut a piece of foam and put fruit on a skewers
- Pizza party and video games/slumber party
- Jewelry making party
- Movie party…flake out to watch a movie (sleep over) and pig out on pizza and junk food, with maybe a pancake (at home) breakfast…easy peasy for adults and the kids can just chill out with their bffs!
- Instead of candy in the pinata use little girl type make up…like lip gloss and little perfume samples (get ahold of your Avon lady)…..
- Fear factor created gross food and had a contest who could eat it! also punt hand in boxes and had to feel thru worms aka noodles with marbles in it! different things like that- created gross obstacle course
- Craft party for my daughter, and whatever the girls make are their favors!
- Get a karaoke machine and have them all come as their favorite singer. They will have fun imitating their faves and singing. Get some small autograph books and they can all sign each others as “stars.” Make fun mini appetizers, get plastic champagne glasses and sparkling grape juice. Provide sunglasses and lots of costume jewelry. As a balancer, ask each of them to bring a canned good for your local food pantry!
- Buffet Party . The girls have to make up the buffet and even better if its for ice cream sundaes.
- Have each child bring pics from home and do scrapbooking.
- Set-up your own photo booth experience for them by getting a bunch of props, photo frames, things/areas for a background. Have each of them bring different stuff to dress up in and take all kinds of silly/fun photos. Then have them create what will be a scrap book that they can then print the photos out and put them in to remember the night. Not like 20 pages, but you know, something small/fun for a keepsake. You could buy cardstock for them to bind together and put scrapbooking stuff on it, write on it with fun pens/markers, stickers, etc.
- Zombie apocalypse – with nerf guns.
- Playing good old fashioned Bingo! With prizes!
- Karaoke and pizza make the purses and movies that should keep them busy and if they run out of stuff give them the wii with dance revolution
- I went to the dollar store and bought make up and made them put it on without mirrors … the best job wins. Also we had wooden laundry pins and certain words could get yours taken (kind of like at a baby shower, if you say baby they take your pin) they clipped them to the edge of their shirts and this went on for the whole party…. The girls couldnt say Oh My God or OMG , they couldnt say Right? I just made things up that I thought the girls might say and wrote them on the laundry clips.
- Rockstar -blow up guitars, karaoke, etc
- Fashion- Fashion show, fancy clothes or trendy clothes
- Tie dye shirts/pillows/sheets. Put the dye in icecube trays and freeze. When doing it place the ice on the fabric and move it arou d as it melts to creat crazy patterns
- Night at the Movies…. they cant say popcorn, movies etc.. Get old school movies like 16 candles or something age appropriate.
- Pink Party! Rent a cotton candy machine! Have pink lemonade in frosty glasses. Pink pajamas. Different shades of pink polish manicures. Add different little touches here and there so they don’t feel to much like frosting.
- We did a cupcake fondue / sleepover party with a movie and popcorn and for a craft made homemade lipgloss.
- Things to do: buy colored cool socks, for girls. Have them put socks on & trace foot on cardboard, cut it out & plCe inside sock bottom. Buyfabric paint which comes in squeezable bottles & they can decorate the socks with patterns on the bottom of the sock ( fish, squiggles, circles)
- Candle making! YOu can make glimmer candles, using Pink Zebra Sprinkles! Pick a few cartons of her favorite scents or colors! www.pinkzebrahome.com/
- Girls try to decorate cupcakes into high heel shoes
- Swimming, lazer tag, amusement park.
- Luau theme, also someone mentioned pizza, you can also use English muffins as the base and let the girls make thee own, honestly they are going to have to have lots of activities as the excitement will be flowing greatly so perhaps start with a craft. Such as making perfume, body scrub etc, then you could do make overs, then hair, have them dress up, fashion show, followed by singing and then pizza, movie with popcorn.
- A picture hunt. Find items, take pics with kids in it being silly. Have a everyone review the silly pics and have a good laugh.
- A letter writing or card writing day. Thank you cards to Vets, friends, and family for whatever they can be thankful for being, or having?!
Have more ideas? feel free to comment below!