Powered by Mom’s 3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe
3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream
If you’re looking for a delicious, decadent dessert that is simple to make this Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream is for you. Don’t let the fact that it’s vegan fool you into thinking it’s not a rich, creamy, dessert, because it is and oh so much more.
This three-ingredient (yes only 3) vegan chocolate mousse is perfect for any special occasion like Valentine’s Day, anniversaries and more. It only takes 15 minutes to whip up this decadent vegan chocolate mousse, the longest part is waiting for it to chill in the fridge. Trust me though it’s worth the wait. I used Enjoy Life Vegan Chocolate Chips that I bought on Amazon HERE. I love the taste of these ones but if you have a favourite then use those.
When I make this Vegan Chocolate Mousse my family has no idea it’s vegan, they just love the chocolatey taste. I love coconut anything so this was my first go and making coconut whipped cream and I have to say I’m hooked! One thing to keep in mind when making coconut whipped cream is that you need to plan ahead. The can of coconut milk needs to go in the fridge the night before you want to make it. Would you look at all that coconut whipped cream goodness below!I’ll be making another batch of this Vegan Chocolate Mousse for my family this coming Valentine’s Day. They’ll think I’m spoiling them and will love it as always and bonus I only have to spend 15 minutes making it. Yes 15 minutes and then it goes in the fridge for at least 6 hours. I tend to leave it overnight just to be sure the mousse has set.
Now let’s get on to our delicious Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe shall we?Print
- 8 oz vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp raspberry extract
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add chocolate to a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour in the coconut milk and raspberry extract. Using a whisk, mix the ingredients together until they are smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and us a hand mixer with the whisk attachment to fluff the mousse on low speed.
- Portion out in small serving glasses or bowls.
Coconut whipped cream:
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- Place a medium glass bowl in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes prior to making whipped cream, to chill.
- Gently remove can from refrigerator so as not to mix the cream and milk, then carefully scoop the cream portion out of the can and place in the chilled glass bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract and honey to the coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture on high until soft peaks form, around 3-4 minutes.
- Place back in refrigerator until ready to use.
If you don’t like raspberry you can change the extract to a flavour you do like. Peppermint is another yummy combo.
Don’t forget to PIN this yummy Vegan Chocolate Mousse so you can make it when you’re ready!If you’re looking for a satisfying chocolate fix this Vegan Chocolate Mousse will be perfect. In fact, I’m not sure I can wait until Valentine’s Day to have some more. I may need to whip up a batch tonight so I can have some this weekend! Don’t even tell the family it’s a vegan dessert, they won’t be able to tell the difference, mine sure didn’t and they are picky!
If you try it let us know we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to try some other delicious desserts or need an appetizer or even a main course don’t forget to check out our recipe section. If you’d like another delicious vegan dessert try our No Bake Mini Vegan Chocolate Cheesecakes HERE.