- 8 oz vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp raspberry extract
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add chocolate to a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour in the coconut milk and raspberry extract. Using a whisk, mix the ingredients together until they are smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and us a hand mixer with the whisk attachment to fluff the mousse on low speed.
- Portion out in small serving glasses or bowls.
Coconut whipped cream:
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- Place a medium glass bowl in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes prior to making whipped cream, to chill.
- Gently remove can from refrigerator so as not to mix the cream and milk, then carefully scoop the cream portion out of the can and place in the chilled glass bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract and honey to the coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture on high until soft peaks form, around 3-4 minutes.
- Place back in refrigerator until ready to use.
If you don’t like raspberry you can change the extract to a flavour you do like. Peppermint is another yummy combo.