Boy Will Be Boys – Active Gear Must-Haves
Life of a mom of two boys is truly an adventure. Our whole family loves camping and being outside. I grew up with two brothers (and a sister), so I had a little insight into life with boys but it has been far more adventurous than I had anticipated. I am still learning all the must-haves when it comes to active gear to keep my boys engaged in all the things they love! If you or someone in your family loves being active outside, you will want to learn about these three “must haves”!
Outdoor Active Gear Products are a Powered by Mom Holiday Gift Guide pick. Check out our Gift Guide HERE.
Hiking gear often gets worn pretty quickly, especially if you are truly hiking. My boys love to hike and even just take an adventure into the woods near our home. The KingCamp Backpack is ANTI-TEAR! Yes!!! This is a MUST when you have active boys like mine! They are rough on their stuff!!!
- Size: 10.63*7.48*23.62inches (L*W*H), Volume 45L
- Material: Outer 600D + 420D polyester ripstop PU coating Internal Lining Polyester
- Water-Resistant- Water-Resistant Rip-Stop Polyester As The Fabric Can Quickly Slide Water Aside Before Water Has A Chance To Penetrate It.
- Breathable: Molded Foam Back Panel With Airflow Channels To Keep Your Back Cool And Dry. Single Contoured Aluminum Frame Bar Can Be Adjusted To Fit The Shape Of Your Back.
- Unique Design: With K.A.S back system, With the chest and waist adjustable straps, you can own your size to fit your body.
Looking for a durable thermos to be able to take on a hike? The Cypress Double Insulated Stainless Mug is great for the long hikes or even just day in and day out use. It keeps your beverage of choice hot for 12 hours on your winter hikes, and cold for 24 hours for your spring, summer, and fall adventures. Staying hydrated is so important especially when you are active!
Having a cup that doesn’t sweat is super important when hiking. You do not want your bag wet or your hands wet either. Wet hands can be a danger when hiking. You need a firm grip at all times. The Cypress mug is double insulated which means that you do not have to worry about ever having moisture on the outside of the mug. Another key when hiking is having durable active gear. We all know that accidents happen. We have reverted to mostly plastic type of cups from the number of broken glasses that have occurred in our home. You can only imagine how many times they drop their drinking cups when they are outside being active! The Cypress mug comes in a drop resistance casing. For MY boys, this is an absolute MUST!
Features of the Cypress Mug include:
- Food grade stainless steel is recyclable reusable
- BPA free
- Phthalate free
- PVC free
- FDA approved
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean
Outdoor fun? Here is where it’s at… the Maikesi Freeride Longboard. The deck of the longboard is 39.5 by 9.5 inches. The Maikesi Freeride Longboard is sure to entertain your children for hours. I am all for some outdoor time for my boys. Physical activity is for more than for just weight control. It helps the heart, mind, and muscles develop appropriately. The longboard rides smoothly and is great for both the beginner boarder or the more advanced!
- Laminate construction
- Maikesi Original Art
- 7-ply birch deck has a soft feedback and is cut to a drop through style for deeper carving
- 83A durometer 70mm x 51mm wheels gives a smooth ride over rough roads while maintaining firm cornering. 7-inch Aluminum Trucks with firm, SHR 90A bushings
- Pre-lubricated ABEC-7 Premium Bearings resist heat from internal friction and are sealed to keep out corrosion causing moisture
- A T-tool included–Multi-function T-tool for all your skateboard needs
You can still order and receive these great active gear products from Amazon and receive them in time for Christmas!
Don’t forget to check out our other categories such as our Recipes section for tasty meals!