Make this rich and creamy After 8 Peppermint Hot Chocolate as it’s the ultimate decadent chocolate drink. It also has pieces of the After 8 chocolate on top for a delicious hot beverage!
- 4 cups of milk
- 1.5 cups of chocolate chips (you can use milk or semi-sweet I used the latter)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- After Eight Chocolates (4) to garnish (not in Canada get them on HERE or see notes for alternatives.
- Whipping cream (optional)
- Chocolate sauce
- In a heavy saucepan heat the milk until warm, almost scalding but not quite.
- Add in chocolate chips, extract, cocoa powder, and sugar. Stir continuously until chocolate is melted and the mixture is hot. You don’t want to boil the milk, just heat it.
- Pour hot chocolate into cups and garnish with whipping cream and After Eight chocolates. Drizzle some chocolate sauce on top.
Can’t get After Eights where you are? The closest alternatives I can think of are Ovations or York Peppermint Patties. They are not the same but close alternatives.