Asian Fusion Chicken Burger Recipe
This Chicken Burger Recipe is a fusion of Asian and Indian spices. It is full of flavour with a delicious strawberry mango salsa with fresh mint that kicks up the flavour to amazing tasty levels, complementing the spiciness, all while being a healthy grill option. The inspiration for this burger is the Chow-Style BBQ Sandwich from the Chicken Farmers of Canada site.
I am a Chicken Farmers of Canada ambassador and was compensated for this post but as always I love bringing you delicious recipes.
I made some tweaks to it and added the strawberry mango salsa as an option to have the sweet and fruity and the refreshing mint to complement the spicy fusion flavours. The end result is one delicious chicken burger literally bursting with flavours that don’t overwhelm each other but complement each other beautifully. Don’t be afraid to try the fruit salsa on top of the chicken burger, it’s a heavenly combination.The hot weather is here, it feels like summer has already arrived in Vancouver as it’s so warm and I’m not complaining. We’ve already had a few barbeques with friends, it’s one of the many reasons I love this time of year, the backyard get-togethers. It’s always fun to hang out in the backyard, let the kids deplete some of that endless energy while the adults get to actually socialize and catch-up all while having some yummy food and refreshing drinks. What’s not to love about that?!
When we have the get-togethers at our house, there’s usually a chicken main dish on the menu because you can’t go wrong with chicken. We always use Chicken raised by a Canadian chicken farmer. Canadian chicken is a healthy choice is that it’s grain-fed, free of added hormones and steroids, and raised right here in Canada according to nationally-set, high food safety and animal care standards.
- There is a mandatory, robust, third-party-audited Animal Care Program that is administered across all Canadian chicken farms.
- Canadian chicken farmers adhere to a strict mandatory On-Farm Food Safety Program.
- Canadian chicken farmers are committed to sustainability through innovation, by preserving the health of the land, providing value to Canada’s economy, & making affordable food for Canadians.
Always look for this logo and if your local store doesn’t carry it, make sure to ask them for it.
Now let’s get to our tasty Asian Fusion Chicken Burger with Strawberry Mango Salsa (optional) shall we?! You can get the easy recipe instructions for the Strawberry Mango Salsa HERE.Print
These chicken burgers are perfectly spiced with the right amount of heat and paired with a light and fresh salsa to balance the flavours!
- Chicken Marinade:
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ⅛ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 4 tsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Mint Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and place chicken breasts in a shallow container or resealable bag. Get the instructions for this yummy salsa HERE.
- Pour marinade over chicken and allow to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- While chicken is marinating mix together salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Place in refrigerator until serving time.
- When chicken has finished marinating, preheat grill and generously brush with oil.
- Cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- About 6 minutes per side on BBQ or 8 minutes per side on a stovetop grill pan.
- Allow chicken to rest for a few minutes .
- Serve with Arugula on a brioche bun garnished with the strawberry mango salsa.
Use any type of bun you prefer we just liked it with the brioche. While the strawberry mango salsa is completely option we loved how it paired with the flavours of the Asian Fusion Chicken Burger.
Cook time does not include the 2 hours to marinate the chicken
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 550
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 1055mg
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Protein: 59
- Cholesterol: 155mg
Keywords: grilled chicken, chicken burger, Asian burger, Asian spices, Indian spices, Asian fusion, Asian Fusion Chicken burger, chicken
Doesn’t that sound oh so delicious and easy to make? It is these Asian Fusion Chicken Burgers will be delighting the taste buds of your family and friends. You can make them spicier for those more daring but do have it with the strawberry mango salsa. It just pairs like it was made (and it was haha) for this tasty chicken burger. Don’t forget you can get the easy instructions for the strawberry mango salsa HERE.
Don’t forget to PIN this yummy recipe for later!
If you try this delicious Asian Fusion Chicken Burger with Strawberry Mango Salsa make sure to let us know how you liked it. Enjoy!
More info about Chicken Farmers of Canada can be found HERE
Make sure to stop by and check out all the helpful information from how to cook various cuts of chicken, a ton of great recipes and well everything chicken on the Chicken Farmers of Canada website and social channels. I go to their site for the yummy recipes and whenever I just need to know something about chicken like when I went looking for inspiration for this Asian Fusion Chicken Burger!
Follow Chicken Farmers of Canada:
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.