Powered by Mom Shares an Asparagus Proscuitto Roll Recipe
I love proscuitto and asparagus so pairing them up in a flaky pastry is like heaven for me, so delicious and easy, my favorite kind of recipe! Asparagus is in seasons as I write this so it’s perfect timing 🙂
You can of course make different variations of this roll, you can substitute the proscuitto for many other thinly sliced meats, I like it also with a spicy salami.
I love proscuitto and asparagus so pairing them up in a flaky pastry is like heaven for me, so delicious and easy, my favorite kind of recipe!
- 1 Can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 Count)
- 8 Asparagus Spears
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 Slices Prosciutto (Cut in Half Vertically)
- Goat Cheese, Block or Crumbled (To Taste)
- Garlic Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place a large stockpot of water on high heat and bring to a rapid boil.
- Snap off the bottoms of the asparagus spears and discard. When the water starts to boil, place the spears into the water and blanch for 3 minutes.
- While the asparagus is blanching, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Once the asparagus has blanched, remove them from the stockpot and transfer to the ice bath for 1-2 minutes. This stops the cooking process and keeps the spears green.
- Once you remove the asparagus from the ice bath, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Place the asparagus on a large dinner plate and pour a tablespoon of lemon juice over them. Using your hands, rotate the asparagus around the plate so every spear is covered in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Unroll the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the goat cheese, to taste, on the widest part of the crescent roll. Repeat until all 8 rolls have goat cheese.
- Wrap 1/2 slice of prosciutto around the asparagus spears, repeating until all 8 spears are wrapped with prosciutto.
- Place the asparagus spears on top of the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle the crescent roll, and the whole asparagus spear, with garlic salt to taste.
- Tightly roll up the crescent roll and place on the baking sheet. There needs to be a 1” gap between the rolls.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. The crescent rolls should be golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let stand for 2-3 minutes to cool down.
- Enjoy the rolls immediately or refrigerate and re-heat in the oven (350 for 3-5 minutes) when you’re ready to serve.
If you try the recipe let us know! Enjoy!