Advantages of an AutoEgg Automated Cat Litterbox
Why would you want an automated cat litterbox? If you have a cat as part of the family then you know the trials and tribulations of cleaning cat litter. We’ve only had one cat for several years, Ollie and even with regular cleaning of the cat litter box I always seemed like it still had a smell and the cat litter was everywhere. Add our one dog Nyx who liked to play with the cat litter (gross I know) and it was work cleaning and trying to keep Nyx away from it.
The AutoEgg Automated Cat Litterbox has made it onto our Pet Lovers Holiday Gift Guide!
Disclaimer: We received this product in exchange for our honest opinion. All opinions are 100% our own.
So we had decided we needed to look into an automated cat litterbox to see if that would be a better option for us. I of course liked the idea of not having to scoop every single day so I was all on board with checking out automated cat litter boxes.
We were lucky as the folks over at ChillX AutoEgg sent us one of their automatic self-cleaning cat litter units and yes it’s actually shaped like an egg. I never thought I’d say this about a cat litter unit but it’s aesthetically pleasing, sleek and almost space-age looking but that could be just me who thinks that lol.
PIN this article for your reference
I had recorded a short video just to show you the ChillX AutoEgg but to be honest it was boring and the folks at ChillX quite frankly have done an excellent job with their video which shows the features so I’m sharing theirs below.
Make sure to check out some of our other helpful pet articles.
- Tips For Introducing A Dog To Their New Home
- Tips For Travelling With Your Dog
- Important Tips To Protect Your Pets
How Does It Work?
- Thanks to the four purrcise weight sensors with a 0.03 oz accuracy, the AutoEgg performs an automatic self-cleaning 5 minutes after every bathroom trip.
- The ChillX AutoEgg will work for cats as small as 4.4 lb. and cats as large as 15.4 lb.
- What about the kittens? Won’t somebody please think of the kittens? We do!
- The AutoEgg performs an additional self-cleaning four times every day at 3 & 9 am/pm all on its own. So for kittens less than 4.4 lb we’ve got you covered!
- The AutoEgg was designed for a single cat family; however, it can accommodate up to two cats per unit.
Is the AutoEgg Quiet?
I do not exaggerate when I say that I was completely blown away by how quiet the AutoEgg is. I had to stand right next to it and lean down to even it hear it when it was in motion, it’s so quiet you really have to strain your ears to listen for it. I’ve seen and heard other automated cat litter box and none of the ones I saw before were this quiet, not even close. The ChillX AutoEgg uses an advanced motor and mechanism technology to provide the quietest clean possible.
I apologize but if you have a cat as part of your family and if they are as active as our Ollie is you know then how hard it is to get a photo of them. Pair that with trying to get a photo of him near the AutoEgg Automated Cat Litterbox and that equals impossible. Plus I was not going to attempt to take a photo of him in his AutoEgg, that would be invading his privacy, how rude (kidding, sort of, not lol).
What makes this AutoEgg different from other automated cat litter boxes?
- Different from traditional rotating devices, the AutoEgg provides a safer and slow horizontal rake cleaning to avoid the risk of trapping your cat or their tail. Don’t let this cat-astrophe happen to your pets!
- As soon as the AutoEgg Cat-Stuck Prevention sensor detects any sudden movement the self-cleaning process will pause.
- Additionally, the AutoEgg cleaning rake is designed to work at a slower speed (5 minutes per cycle) to avoid any potential harm to your cat.
- The 5V/2A USB Type-C input power ensures safety for both your cats and your kids.
Before we give you more 411 on the AutoEgg automated cat litter box you’re probably wondering how did our cat Ollie like it? I admit I was a bit worried because he hasn’t used one in eight years, we had one way back when we first adopted Ollie but it broke down on us after two years and it was loud and overall we were not impressed. So we put the AutoEgg where the old cat litter box used to be, brought Ollie to it and he wouldn’t go in at our prompting so we figured he just didn’t need to use it yet.
Ollie did go in on his own, the only reason I knew this was because I checked the health log on the AutoEgg unit. The AutoEgg’s touchscreen display records a health log of the date, time, duration, weight, and waste data after every use. I saw when he went in, his weight and more. So we were happy that he went in on his own and he has had no issues using it so far, he’s definitely using it a lot and the health log can confirm that.
As well for abnormalities such as waste weighing less than 0.18 oz, the AutoEgg will flag and record the bathroom trip in red. Keeping an eye on their health log and alerts gives you the confidence of knowing your feline friend is healthy and happy. I think this is a very useful feature and one I’ve not seen before.
What we love about the AutoEgg Automated Cat Litter Box
- Deeper Self-Cleaning the nit includes both the 70-degree cleaning rake and the zigzag litter tray! That means it cleans with minimal tray residue.
- You can use any type of cat litter, use what works for you and your cat
- No disposable trays, waste drawers, filters and other replaceable parts. The only disposable item is the waste drawer liner and you can use any plastic bag that you want or go green with their 100% biodegradable liners.
- The AutoEgg only consumes 1 kWh of electricity per 500 cleaning cycles.
- They pride ourselves on superior technology and design to provide you with a reliable and long-lasting clean for years to come!
- It’s easy to clean out the waste, I just take out the full disposable liner, tie it up and off it goes and replaced with a new liner, easy peasy. The large 2L waste drawer holds up to one week of clumps per cat.
- It’s lightweight, it’s 30.3×18.1×17.7 in and only 11 lbs
- Thanks to the enclosed hood and the cellular tracking pad, the AutoEgg helps to minimize any litter leaving the unit.
- I’ve already mentioned this one earlier but it’s super-duper quiet!
There are a few things that we would like to see in any upgrades in the future but none of these are deal-breakers
A hinge for the AutoEgg cover, I find it a little finicky to put on but my husband has no problems with it so it could just be me.
The display for the Health Log on the top of the unit so you don’t have to take the lid off to look at it. Again not a deal breaker but more of a convenience thing for lazy people like me who don’t want to take the cover on and off.
It was great that the AutoEgg came fully assembled so we just had to put the cover on, plug it in, add the cat litter and it was ready to go. Nothing else for us to do, love that.
Just find a firm and flat surface, pour your litter, enclose the hood, plug us in, and your cat’s new favorite litter box is ready to go!
So if you’ve been looking for a whisper quiet automated cat litter box that has a sleek design, makes your life easier, keeps that litter clean and is easy to clean then you most certainly want to take a look at the AutoEgg automated cat litter unit.
Make sure to check them out on their website. They often have a discount but you have to act right away as soon as you see one as they often quickly sell out when there are any specials! They also have free shipping and 12-month warranty. Make your life easier and less stinky for you and your cat with the ChillX AutoEgg automate cat litterbox!