Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies combine sweet and savoury into the ultimate simple cookie recipe that will disappear from the cookie jar in minutes!
I’ll admit it – my family and I were a bit dubious about adding bacon to tried-and-true classic, chocolate chip cookies. However, the slightly salty crispiness paired with the softness of the cookies won us all over. Sweet (but not too sweet), salty and crispy is a winning combination. How did I not think of this before?
Just imagine, homemade chocolate chip cookies taken to the next level! The (not so) secret ingredient is Great Value Thick Bacon. It can be a dangerous recipe, though – it’s so easy to make, you will want more!
Great Value Thick Bacon, Great Value All Purpose Flour, Great Value Baking Soda, Great Value Salt, Great Value Unsalted Butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, 2 Great Value Eggs, Great Value Vanilla Extract, and Great Value Milk Chocolate Chips.
Make sure to print the recipe and/or save it for later!Print
- 375 g pkg Great Value Thick Bacon
- 3 cups Great Value All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Great Value Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) Great Value Salt`
- 1 cup (250 ml) Great Value Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 Great Value Eggs
- 1 tbsp.(15 ml) Great Value Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) Great Value Milk Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350F (175C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 to 10 min. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Once cooled, roughly chop.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 min. Add eggs, one at a time until combined. Add vanilla. Add flour to mixture in 2 additions until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips and bacon
- Spoon onto prepared sheets in 2 tbsp. (30 ml) balls 1 ½ inches (3.5 cm) apart, pressing down lightly with palm. Bake in batches for 14 to 15 min until just golden on edges. Let cool 2 min on sheets before cooling completely on racks.
Try these delectable cookies as an ice cream sandwich with your favourite ice cream flavour!
Didn’t I tell you that these Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies were so easy to make? It’s a fun activity to do with the kids; they’ll love to squish their hands in the dough. I find even now that my daughter loves to be the one to drop the cookie dough onto the pan. I think it’s her favourite part – besides mixing in the chocolate chips, that is!
Can you freeze the bacon chocolate chip cookies?
Why yes you can as long as they are in an airtight container! However, I don’t think they’ll last long enough to be frozen unless you make extras. Even though my family had their doubts before they tried this combination, once they did try the bacon chocolate chip cookies they did not last long!
Make sure to PIN this recipe.
Do you love sweet and savoury?
If you answered yes to this question then you will love these cookies. If you answered no well I think you might want to try the cookies anyways, you might just be surprised at how much your tastebuds like them!
If you try the bacon chocolate chip cookies let us know how you like them. Remember, even without the bacon this is a tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out our Perogie Casserole with Bacon Recipe!