Powered by Mom Shares Her Banana Coconut Mango Smoothie Recipe
It’s another round of smoothies at our house. We drink smoothies almost every day so we’ve got to keep changing it up so we don’t get bored. We do green smoothies, berry smoothies, chocolate smoothies, dessert smoothies and more. Here’s our latest yummy creation.
This banana coconut mango smoothie is a family favorite and brings a tropical flair to our smoothie recipes. I love mango and coconut so to put them together is a dream for me. I always put bananas in my smoothies as well no matter what the ingredients as bananas just add the touch of sweetness that you need and tends to balance out other strong flavors. Remember to always use a top quality protein powder, it makes all the difference if you want to pack in some fabulous nutrition into your smoothie! We use Garden of Life protein powders as I know I can trust their ingredients, they’re always Non-GMO, USDA organic and more!
Now here’s the easy peasy smoothie recipe.Print
- 1 big scoop of protein powder (vanilla or plain)
- 1 tbsp of ground chia seeds (or flaxseed) optional
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk (can use milk or water)
- 1 banana (I use frozen ones, if using fresh add ice)
- 1 cup of diced mangos (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tbsp of flaked coconut (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- I always put in the powders first as it’s easier to blend that way.
- If you like a thicker smoothie like I do add a little less liquid
- Blend and serve.
- Serves 1
- Tip 1: don’t throw away over ripe bananas freeze them and use for smoothies that’s what I do all the time!
- Tip 2: If you don’t have frozen or fresh mangos you can use mango juice but try to keep it to 1/2 cup so it’s not too much sugar. Adjust other liquids accordingly.
Feel free to tell us what your favorite smoothie ingredients are!