This policy is valid from 20 December 2012
Powered by Mom is a lifestyle headed by its founder Michelle Sutter. For questions about Powered by Mom please email [email protected]
Unless otherwise stated Powered by Mom is NOT responsible for any giveaway prize delivery or fulfillment. All prizes unless otherwise stated are provided by 3rd parties not associated with Powered by Mom. We strive to work with companies that are ethical and provide services and products our readers will like but we cannot forsee when a company will not follow through. If ones does not follow through we will not work with them again in the future.
NOTE TO POTENTIAL WINNERS: this disclaimer supersedes all others you will have 24 hours to respond to our email if you are the randomly drawn winner. If you do not respond or we don’t see it due to it going into spam etc.. we are not responsible for awarding you the prize if we’ve already selected another winner and they’ve confirmed. We reserve the right to make any final decisions on eligibility on prizes awarded and our decision is final and will not be open for debate. There are no exceptions to this as we frequently have to re-draw for prizes we can not go back and forth. WE are not required to provide an explanation if we have disqualified you from the winnings we reserve the right to disqualify anyone as we see fit. Winners must be responsible for checking their emails and ensuring that we have responded to them confirming receipt of their response BEFORE the deadline. Unless otherwise stated all winners MUST be age 18 or over. PRIZES can take as long as SIX WEEKS to be delivered by the sponsor please be patient. If you have not received your prize within six weeks then email us.
Anyone who has not completed entries they claimed will be banned from all future Powered by Mom giveaways.
This site accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. All payments received regardless of nature are non-refundable unless specified otherwise in writing.
This site abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received will not influence the advertising content, topics or posts made on this site. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this site may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this site receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this site are purely the writer’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This site does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Once an article has been completed there are no refunds. If you want changes the first minor edit is free, any other further edits there may be a charge at our discretion.
Please note that once the work is completed there are no refunds. The first minor edit is free any further requested edits are subject to a fee at our discretion.
Your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to protecting it. We may ask for your email address when you make a comment on our site, but we will never sell or share that information unless you are the winner of a giveaway. In these cases, we will only give out that information to the sponsor of the giveaway so they can send you your prize (ie: if it’s an e-gift certificate). When you give us your address if you have won a giveaway on our site, we ill only send this information to the sponsor for prize shipment and no one else will have access to it. By entering a giveaway on our site you agree to us publishing your name and city only on our site.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
We have the following policies in place in regards to Product Reviews.
- We review family-friendly products only and reserve the right to refuse the review if you send aproduct that was not agreed upon.
- A product is required for all reviews and will not be returned.
- Please allow 3-8 weeks for your review to be completed. If you have a specific date in mind for the review to be completed by please let us know at the time you contact us for the review and we will try and work with you to complete the review by the agreed upon date.
- We will email you the link to the review once the review has been completed and posted on our site.
- We do not accept sample sizes for any reviews. Full-sized products are required so we can properly test out the product.
- Powered by Mom will not be responsible for any shipping or duty costs, all costs associated to receiving the product will be at the expense of the company and/or person submitting the product for review. Any packages shipped COD will be refused and returned to the seller.
- You are welcome to add a discount or coupon code to the review at no charge. Discounts that require a separate post will be subject to a fee.
- In the case of a negative review, we ill contact you by email prior to posting and you have the option to decline the post. Any reviews posted will not be edited by the seller, we reserve the right to post the review as we see fit.
- Powered by Mom reserves the right to not post a review if the terms described above have not been met. All reviews (of any and all products) done by or on behalf of Powered by Mom are the property of Powered by Mom
- Powered by Mom must be informed about what the prize is at the time the giveaway is being set-up and who is eligible to enter. A giveaway will not be published or promoted until this information is received. Please note that the owner of Powered by Mom is based in Canada and we would prefer if giveaways could be inclusive of US & Canada. However, we will leave the decision up to the company sponsoring the giveaway.
- Giveaways are held for a maximum 2 week period
- We are not responsible ever for shipping the prize to the winner. Do not ever mail the giveaway prize with the review product.
- We will always select the winner of the giveaway through random.org and notify the winner by email. Once we receive confirmation from the winner in the time allotted (usually 48 hours) we will forward the winner’s information to you.
- Generally, the main entry method for a giveaway is to ask the reader to go to your site and comment on their favourite product.
- When Facebook entries are involved we will not under any circumstances violate any Facebook rules. We can ask them to like your page but that is it.
- We cannot ask any reader to make a purchase as a bonus entry – this will never be an option.
- We ask that you ship the prize to the winner within a reasonable time after you have been informed and provided with the winner’s information.
- If a gift certificate is offered as a prize it must always cover the cost of at least one item. We cannot use discounts as prizes.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Powered by Mom may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20 December 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visit https://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.