This brown sugar and balsamic slow cooker chicken recipe is oh so flavourful, tender and it’s a complete meal all done in a slow cooker. You can throw in your favourite vegetables, and potatoes and only have one pot or in this case, one slow cooker to clean afterwards.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 ½ lbs baby red potatoes, sliced in half
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- ⅔ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons concentrated beef broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- In a large slow cooker, add the olive oil and minced garlic. Add the carrots and sliced potatoes, then place the chicken around and on top of all the veggies.
- In a small dish, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, beef broth, honey, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt. Drizzle sauce over the chicken and veggies, then sprinkle the remaining teaspoon of salt over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, adding the green beans with 30 minutes remaining on cook time. Enjoy!
Keywords: chicken dinner, slow cooker chicken, balsamic chicken, crockpot chicken, brown sugar chicken, crockpot meal, slow cooker meal, dinner