Powered by Mom Blog talks about Buying a Home
At this point in our lives my husband and I have only bought one home, the one we currently live in and have lived in since just after my daughter was born almost 13 years ago. We had made an offer on another house previous to ours but withdrew our offer for a few different reasons and waited a couple of years before we bought our current home.
I relied on my mom quite a bit to provide us with advice on what to look for when buying a home. We knew to do the usual like get the house inspected, getting pre-approved with the bank but that’s about it. To be honest I’m surprised we got as lucky as we did considering we really didn’t know what we were doing
That’s one of the reasons why I love this fun and helpful quiz “The Art of Home Buying”. It tests your knowledge on what you do or do not know when it comes to buying a home. Remember you always need to do some research and consider several factors before making that offer on a home whether it’s a condo, town home or house.
Consider at least the following and again do some research as this is not an exhaustive list:
- Is the area of the home suitable to your lifestyle now?
- How long do you plan to live in the home? If more than a few years do you need to consider if schools are close by etc..
- If you plan to have your family expand at any point is this your starter home or room to grow home?
- How far is the commute to your work?
- What does the neighborhood look like?
There’s so much more to consider but that’s a start.
Now take the quiz and see how you do!