Powered by Mom’s Caramel Mocha Recipe for Valentine’s Day
A Caramel Mocha for Valentine’s Day or any time you want it!
Watch for our other Valentine’s themed recipes coming out between now and Valentine’s Day! You can start with our Shrimp Scampi Recipe
While I’ve made this yummy Caramel Mocha as a Valentine’s theme to share with my loved ones it can of course be consumed and made any time of the year. I even do a version without coffee for my daughter which I’ll mention in the recipe section.
Now though it’s time to be your own barista and save yourself some money by making your own specialty coffees at home. They’re not hard to do and when you look at how most if not all coffee shops charge $5 & up for a mocha, latte and more it won’t be long before you’re saving yourself a lot of money. I enjoy being my own barista and never buy my specialty coffees unless I’m travelling of course and don’t have my coffee supplies and machines on hand!
Who is ready for a decadent treat with a caffeine kick? Let’s get on to our Caramel Mocha recipe now shall we?! Also if you like the recipe make sure to click where it says yum below just before the picture!
- 2 single shots of espresso or cup of strong coffee that you like
- 1 tbsp melted dark or milk chocolate or you can use chocolate syrup or even powdered hot chocolate. I like the melted chocolate
- 1/2 -3/4 cup (depending on your mug size) of whole milk (you can use 2% or skim but it won't be as creamy)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar whatever you prefer I like coconut sugar
- Caramel sundae topping
- Whipped cream - I always make mine but use what works for you.
- Optional for adults add a shot of creme de cacoa, a chocolate liquer or any of your favorite liquers. 🙂
- In a small saucepan add milk and sugar until dissolved.
- With a whisk froth the milk. Do not let milk boil. - alternative you can also froth it in a blender it works just add some extra milk
- Remove from heat and pour over hot coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel and if you want even chocolate shavings or sprinkles
- Substitute coffee for either a tablespoon or two of melted milk or dark chocolate or use a hot chocolate mix.
- Add to the milk quantity since there is no coffee
Now how easy was that? Now of course if you have a machine that does frothing for you, does your espresso shots it’s that much easier. We have a great machine that does all of the work for us. I will be sharing my review on the Delonghi Magnifica S Cappuccino Smart machine that helps me create my various coffee creations. It’s AHmazing seriously and I made my drinks with it but I have previously made these drinks the way they are listed in the recipe 🙂 either option is great, but it is a lot easier to have the machine.