- 2 single shots of espresso or cup of strong coffee that you like
- 1 tbsp melted dark or milk chocolate or you can use chocolate syrup or even powdered hot chocolate. I like the melted chocolate
- 1/2 –3/4 cup (depending on your mug size) of whole milk (you can use 2% or skim but it won’t be as creamy)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar whatever you prefer I like coconut sugar
- Caramel sundae topping
- Whipped cream – I always make mine but use what works for you.
- Optional for adults add a shot of creme de cacoa, a chocolate liquer or any of your favorite liquers. 🙂
- In a small saucepan add milk and sugar until dissolved.
- With a whisk froth the milk. Do not let milk boil. – alternative you can also froth it in a blender it works just add some extra milk
- Remove from heat and pour over hot coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel and if you want even chocolate shavings or sprinkles
Hot Chocolate Version for Kids or non-coffee drinkers
- Substitute coffee for either a tablespoon or two of melted milk or dark chocolate or use a hot chocolate mix.
- Add to the milk quantity since there is no coffee