Make this Caramel Pecan Sweet Bread Recipe as a perfect snack or dessert with a unique boost of flavour in the hidden instant coffee ingredient!
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Instant Coffee
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2/3 cup of Milk
- 1/2 a cup of Melted Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup of Milk
- 1/2 a cup of Pecans
- Start by adding your flour, baking powder, sugar, coffee, and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk or sift together until well combined.
- Add in your 2 eggs, milk, and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with dough attachment, mix until well combined.
- Place dough into a well greased bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your 2tbsp of melted butter, brown sugar, milk, and pecans.
- Mix well and pour over dough.
- Cut into the dough with a knife to allow the pecan mixture to saturate through.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. *If bread is not baked through, move to top rack, reduce to 200 and bake and additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you want a thicker caramel, cream together butter and brown sugar first. Then add your egg and milk, and heat in a sauce pan until it becomes thick. Continue with steps 7 thru 10.
Keywords: caramel, pecan, loaf, sweet bread, recipe, dessert, coffee cake, snack