How did you celebrate dad this year?
There’s always a lot of talk and hurrying around before Father’s Day and of course on the special day but many times we don’t get to hear afterwards how it all went. I’m always how people celebrate the loved ones in their lives whether its their dad, grandfather, mentor, mom etc.. so what did you do to celebrate your dad (or spouse or special man in your life) this year?
Did you treat him to a day of golf, take him out for dinner, buy him his favourite drink or give him that “Kiss the Cook” apron? At our house we cleaned up the barbeque as we had already been using it for a few weeks here (we love to grill in this house), set up the patio furniture and the bocce balls and we had fun in the yard with some good food!
Now we did not give my hubby a “Kiss the Cook” apron even though he did do some of the grilling but we did give him some new t-shirts and a nice dressier shirt. Well of course what comes with many celebrations is the mess to clean up and it’s not just the dishes. Almost everyone got some food on their clothes and a few were harder to get out stains.
So I think it’s a good reminder when planning those special celebrations remember to be prepared for those after party issues. To help reduce any after party clean up I like to do a few things:
- We have one of those 3 bin garbage cans so I label them, one for paper recylaling one for glass recycling and one for garbage. This way there’s no sorting after the fact as everyone does it as they go along.
- We don’t go plastic with the utensils, we use our own and they just go in dishwasher afterwards, it’s easier and less waste. Especially when we use our OxilClean diswasher tabs everything comes out sparkling
- I’ve now learned it’s a good idea to have something like OxiClean White Revive around as it whitens and brightens so if you did get dad that apron it can stay looking as new as possible!
For some pre-part tips to get your patio furniture gleaming you can do the following as well. Grab a spray bottle, some gloves, your garden hose and get to cleaning!
- Mix 1/8 of a scoop of OxiCleanTM Versatile Stain Remover Powder with 2 cups of hot water into a spray bottle.
- Spray all over the furniture and let it sit for 10 – 30 minutes, if metal rinse immediately.
- Scrub that grime away with ease then give it a quick hose down.
So what do you do to celebrate dad this year and what was your after party cleaning like? 🙂 Feel free to share we love to read comments!
I’m a Church and Dwight ambassador but as always all opinions are 100% my own