A tasty and festive chicken appetizer that is sure to please and easy to make!
- 2 10.5 oz packages refrigerated flatbread dough (this was the measurements of what was readily available to me, you can sub with a local variety or your own fave flatbread pizza dough recipe)
- ¾ lb cold, cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- ½ serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a mini cheesecake pan or muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out flatbread dough and cut into 24 squares, then line the cups of the tin with one square each.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the cold shredded chicken and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Divide the chicken between the dough cups to make even servings. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the flatbread is brown and crisp around the top edges and the chicken is hot and the cream cheese slightly bubbly. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cranberries, red onion, serrano pepper, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt and sugar. Stir gently to combine then top each chicken tartlet with a heaping scoop. Garnish with a pinch of pecans and serve warm.
Keywords: chicken, holiday, appetizer, chicken appetizer, holiday appetizer