The Ultimate Comfort Food – Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
When I think of comfort food I admit my first thoughts are for something that will fill my belly and it’s warm right out of the oven with pasta and melted cheese. To take it to the next level it has to have my favourite, versatile protein chicken and topped off with a bit of crispy bacon. That’s how this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole became one of my ultimate comfort foods.
A belly full of comfort food
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole warms me up from head to toe and leaves me feeling full and satisfied. A bowl full of this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is a meal all by itself and oh what a meal. It does not last long in my house, after all, who can resist all the goodness that is this one delicious meal?! My daughter loves to take some in a thermos for her school lunch as it sustains her for the whole day. Plus chicken and bacon with pasta are three of her favourite foods ever.
Leftovers (if there are any)
Another of many reasons this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is one of my favourite comfort foods is that the leftovers are just as good. Well, that’s if there are any leftovers, if there are they don’t last long in our house. It’s nice to heat up the leftovers quickly in the microwave because you can have this deliciousness all warmed up in two minutes or less in the microwave!
Who’s ready for this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe?Print
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- 8 ounces cellentani pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
For the cheese sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish and set aside
- To make the cheese sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Slowly whisk in heavy cream, then continue to cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in mozzarella until just slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more heavy cream as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain excess fat from the pan, reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, cooking until no longer pink, around 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a gallon Ziploc bag and add the olive oil and ranch seasoning. Close the bag and shake vigorously until the chicken is coated. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain well.
- Add pasta to the prepared baking dish and layer with chicken and cheese sauce; sprinkle with cheeses and bacon. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
As with all of my chicken recipes we only buy chicken that has the “Raised by a Canadian Farmer” Logo on it as pictured below.
Why do we only buy chicken Raised by a Canadian Farmer? There’s so many reasons why but below I’m sharing our top reasons:
- Canadian chicken is grain-fed, free of hormones and steroids.
- Animal Care and Food Safety are among their farmers’ top concerns. Canadian chicken is raised here in Canada according to nationally-set, mandatory food safety and animal care standards.
- You’re supporting a Canadian family small business. The majority of these farms are family owned.
If you can’t find the Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo in your store ask for it. More info about Chicken Farmers of Canada can be found HERE
PIN this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe for later.
Let us know what your favourite comfort foods are! Need some ideas on what to cook tonight? Stop by Chicken.ca for a ton of yummy recipes!
Holiday Helper Contest
Enter to win $5,000 in cash from the Chicken Farmers of Canada. The contest is open to Canadians and ends on November 30, 2017.
#CozyChicken Twitter Party
Join the #CozyChicken Twitter Party on November 14th at 9pm EST.
- Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Time: 9pm EST
- Hashtag: #CozyChicken
- Hosts: @ChickenFarmers, @SJConsulting_CA
- Prizes: Napolean 42″ Electric Fireplace, Epicurious Cookware Set in Red, KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Processor, Red Sherpa 2 Pack Throws
- Eligibility: Open to Canada
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.