Take your backyard or hey inside shindigs as well to a whole other level with this delectable Chicken Kebabs with Za’atar Recipe. The blend of aromatic spices with the grilled chicken is AHmazing and sure to please. After all who doesn’t love easy to eat but oh so yummy food?!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons za’atar seasoning
- 8 roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 large English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
For the Za’atar Seasoning (if you want to make your own you’ll have extra to use later)
- 6 tbsp ground sumac
- 6 tbsp dried thyme
- 6 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Soak kebab skewers in water for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cut chicken breast into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and the za’atar seasoning and toss to coat. Let marinate for a few minutes, then place 5 or 6 pieces on each skewer.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, and mint. Add the lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, then sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Prepare a grill to high heat and brush the grates with oil. Place the skewers over direct heat and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until thoroughly cooked. Serve on top of Israeli salad with a side of hummus.
Store the leftover Za’atar spice blend in a jar and use later on grilled or baked veggies like carrots! So delicious
Keywords: chicken, kebab, kabobs, skewers, grilled, bbq