Phyllo cup appetizers are a perfect addition to any party! These are loaded with a delicious chicken, mushroom, and spinach mixture that wows your tastebuds!
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups fresh spinach (Or ⅓ cup thawed and drained of excess moisture, frozen chopped spinach)
- 4 oz or half a carton button mushrooms (I used sliced), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 30 phyllo cups (2 boxes)
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add the spinach, tossing until completely wilted. About 5 minutes. Place in a paper towel lined bowl to drain, squeeze out excess moisture and chop when cooled. (Or you can use frozen chopped spinach)
- Over medium heat in the same sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add chopped mushrooms and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. In the last 30 seconds of cooking add minced garlic being careful not to burn the garlic by stirring continuously.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, spinach, mushroom and garlic mixture, cream cheese, parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Spoon into phyllo cups.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
You can fill the phyllo cups to the top.
This appetizer tastes best warm but they are still tasty at room temperature too.
See after this recipe how to make your own phyllo cups if you can’t find pre-made ones.
Keywords: phyllo cups, appetizers, chicken appetizer, phyllo cups appetizer, fillo cups, fillo appetizer, easy appetizer