Powered by Mom’s Chicken With Mango Salsa Recipe
We love chicken because it’s so versatile, the recipe ideas are endless. This time I wanted to spice things up a bit but I also wanted a bit of sweetness so we combined my favourite fruit, added some spice and came up with a chicken with mango salsa recipe. I first made this chicken with mango salsa in early summer but I just hadn’t had time to share this deliciousness until now!
I love that you can make this chicken with mango salsa as spicy as you want or only a little spicy and it really goes with almost everything. I like to have it with a green leafy salad with tomatoes and cucumbers salad but my hubby and daughter like it with brown rice and a side of cooked veggies. Anything goes with this yummy chicken with mango salsa recipe.
You will want to make your salsa before you cook the chicken so that it’s ready to go once your chicken has been grilled. I kept it simple for the salsa but you can add to it if you want. I just had it with a mango, jalapeno, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and pepper. You’re welcome to add tomatoes to it if you want and even cilantro. I like to keep the flavours simple with the salsa and as I can’t eat raw onions my salsa won’t have it lol.
I only used paprika, salt and pepper with some olive oil for the chicken. You can also add garlic if you wish.
This is a nice and easy recipe but so yummy. So let’s get onto this recipe shall we?
- 1 mango
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Make the mango salsa first
- Cut the mango into small chunks.
- Cut the jalapeno in half and scrape out the seeds (or leave some in if you like it really spicy).
- Cut the pepper into very small pieces and toss in the bowl with the mango.
- Add the maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Stir and let sit while you prep you chicken.
- Put your chicken in a small bowl. Add in your paprika, olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss together so it’s evenly coated.
- Turn on your grill to medium heat. Once heated cook the chicken for about 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Pour the mango salsa on top of the chicken.
- Serve with a salad or over rice.
- This chicken has a powerful flavor with a punch.
I told you it would be easy to make this chicken with mango salsa wouldn’t it? If there are any leftovers it’s perfect over a salad and the salsa makes a perfect dressing. I love the sweet and spicy with this yummy chicken recipe. Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later. We hope you enjoy this chicken mango salsa as much as we do.