Chicken Zucchini Pasta (Zoodles) with Mint & Pistachios Recipe
A delicious but heart-healthy Chicken Zucchini Pasta (Zoodles) recipe with a yummy twist.
This month it’s heart health month so it’s a good time to remind us all to eat heart-healthy food but that doesn’t mean it can’t taste good too. Our chicken zucchini pasta (zoodles) with mint & pistachios recipe is a nice combination of healthy but oh so tasty.If you’ve been a reader of Powered by Mom for a while you know that chicken is our favourite protein. What’s not to love about chicken? It’s versatile, healthy and oh so tasty with endless recipe options.However, not just any chicken will do, we only buy Chicken Raised by a Canadian Chicken Farmer. We like to support Canadian family-owned businesses and the majority of Canadian chicken farms are family run and owned. Add to that I want peace of mind knowing I’m giving my family quality chicken that is hormone and steroid free. When I see the Canadian Chicken Farmers logo I know that I’m getting that quality.
Hmm the start of our chicken zucchini pasta (zoodles) with mint & pistachios recipe Now let’s get on to our yummy chicken zucchini pasta (zoodles) with mint & pistachios recipe shall we?Print
- 2½ pounds zucchini
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, minced and packed
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Julienne the zucchini with the spiralizer. Place the noodles in a colander and toss them with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt until the strands are lightly coated. Set the colander in the sink to drain.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound the chicken to ½-inch thickness with the smooth side of the meat hammer, then slice it crosswise into thin strips. Warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chicken, then sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper and toss to coat in the oil. Spread the chicken in a single layer and let it cook untouched for 2–3 minutes. Gently flip the chicken, separating the pieces, and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes on the other side. Continue to flip and cook the chicken until it’s browned and sizzling on most sides, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover it loosely to keep warm. Return the pan to the stove.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced chives, mint, and chopped pistachios. Stir in the lemon juice until coated, then set aside.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl, then add the minced garlic, cumin, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Stir to combine.
- Rinse the zucchini noodles under cold running water, drain them well, and squeeze them in a clean dish towel to remove excess water. Reheat the skillet used for the chicken over medium-high heat. Place the prepared zucchini noodles in the dry pan and sauté them until just tender, around 3 minutes. Move the noodles to the side of the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic oil to the pan and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic, stirring constantly. Toss the zucchini noodles into the oil and stir gently until they’re coated. Turn off the heat and add the chicken to the pan, along with the mint-pistachio mixture. Toss to combine, then serve immediately.
You can of course skip the pistachios for any nut allergies or for those who want nuts replace it with almonds, cashews, pine nuts or really any nuts you like.
Doesn’t our chicken zucchini pasta (zoodles) with mint & pistachios recipe look easy to make? It is and oh so tasty! You can also substitute the zucchini for carrots or do a combination of both!I have found this recipe to be oh so delicious and filling between the chicken and the pistachios but refreshing at the same time with the mint. It’s a combination bursting with flavour.
Make sure to PIN this recipe for later as it’s one you definitely want to try out!
To celebrate February and heart-health month Chicken Farmers of Canada is also doing a fabulous giveaway for a $500 Bed, Bath & Beyond gift card. GO HERE to enter as you do not want to miss out!
It’s just one of the many fabulous prizes to be given away at the Twitter party. How perfect would that be and then it would be even easier to make our chicken zucchini pasta (zoodles) with mint & pistachios recipe!Let us know if you try our chicken zucchini pasta (zoodles) with mint & pistachios recipe we’d love to hear from you! Make sure to check out our other yummy recipes HERE.
If you want to find out more about all things chicken related, make sure to follow Chicken.ca on their social media channels.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.