- 2½ pounds zucchini
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, minced and packed
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Julienne the zucchini with the spiralizer. Place the noodles in a colander and toss them with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt until the strands are lightly coated. Set the colander in the sink to drain.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound the chicken to ½-inch thickness with the smooth side of the meat hammer, then slice it crosswise into thin strips. Warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chicken, then sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper and toss to coat in the oil. Spread the chicken in a single layer and let it cook untouched for 2–3 minutes. Gently flip the chicken, separating the pieces, and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes on the other side. Continue to flip and cook the chicken until it’s browned and sizzling on most sides, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover it loosely to keep warm. Return the pan to the stove.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced chives, mint, and chopped pistachios. Stir in the lemon juice until coated, then set aside.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl, then add the minced garlic, cumin, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Stir to combine.
- Rinse the zucchini noodles under cold running water, drain them well, and squeeze them in a clean dish towel to remove excess water. Reheat the skillet used for the chicken over medium-high heat. Place the prepared zucchini noodles in the dry pan and sauté them until just tender, around 3 minutes. Move the noodles to the side of the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic oil to the pan and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic, stirring constantly. Toss the zucchini noodles into the oil and stir gently until they’re coated. Turn off the heat and add the chicken to the pan, along with the mint-pistachio mixture. Toss to combine, then serve immediately.
You can of course skip the pistachios for any nut allergies or for those who want nuts replace it with almonds, cashews, pine nuts or really any nuts you like.