There’s no doubt that professional certifications can be useful in advancing a career, but choosing certifications to pursue requires you to look at your career path and your current and future employment goals. Becoming certified simply for the sake of certification is an exercise in futility. Unless you can apply your certification directly to your career path or your employment goals, then there are definitely better uses for your time, money and energy than pursuing an Oracle certification. Here are the questions you should ask yourself when considering Oracle certification options.
1. Will the certification help you in your current position?
2. Will the certification increase your job security?
3. Will it lead to new job prospects, raises, promotions or other advancement
4. Will you be able to market your skills more readily with the formal certification?
5. Could this certification validate the skills that you already possess?
If you answered yes to one of more of these questions, then the Oracle certification you’re considering would lend itself well to the achievement of your current or long term goals. As such, you’ll want to investigate the certification process further and strategically plan how you’ll successfully achieve certification.
General Disclaimer applies.