Powered by Mom shares a few Christmas shopping tips with you!
I should really publish this article at the beginning of the new year because believe it or not that is when I often start my Christmas shopping. Oh I know some of you don’t want to hear about Christmas shopping yet but it’s coming soon people and if you want to avoid the crowds the majority of the time and get some great deals then you need to think early. However for you who shop at the last minute there’s even a few tips for you too!
Had to share our slightly goofy Christmas picture 🙂
As I said I’ve already started my Christmas shopping, in fact I’ve been doing it all year long. I make a list of who I know I need to buy gifts for Christmas, including business associates and I keep an eye out on sales and items that I think might be a good fit for someone on my list. If an item is on for a great sale then I snag it and put it away for the holidays. Obviously this can’t apply to food items but you’d be amazed at how many gifts you can get at better prices when you’re not tied to just getting it during the holiday season.
I hate waiting until the last minute in fact one year my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I were actually shopping on Christmas Eve, it was nuts! After that crazy experience I was determined never to be Christmas shopping that late again. I’m happy to say I never have done it that late again and in fact I’m usually done by late November or early December at the absolute latest. Now shipping off the parcels that’s another story 🙂
I scope out websites that sell any specific items I’m looking for and to give me ideas for those hard to buy for people like my mother-in-law! I like Amazon of course as it’s good for a huge variety of products, price comparison and for you last minute shoppers quick shipping!
Here are is a summary of the tips I’ve mentioned so far and some other tips for Christmas shopping to help make it easier for you and hopefully save you some dollars.
- Shop early, I mean early like all year long, summer at the latest. There are great deals ALL YEAR LONG!
- Make a list of who you need to buy gifts for and brainstorm some general ideas of gifts for them
- Bookmark websites where you like to shop to watch out for sales
- Check out dollar stores for stocking stuffers, they don’t need to be expensive but people still enjoy getting them and it’s fun!
- Browse online and do search for discounts and coupons for specific products or stores you’re hoping to shop at
- Some stores you can buy the same item in multiples cheaper, check it out and see if you need multiples or go in on it for a friend. For example I’ve bought things for my daughter, 2 nieces and my cousin’s 2 girls they are all within 2 years of each other so multiples has worked great for toys and even clothing for them
- Check out online deal sites
- Check out flyers for local stores before all the crazy holiday shopping
- For the brave go to Black Friday sales – this is not for me I don’t like crowds but I know many people have scored during this time
- Check out Cyber Monday sales – more my speed, done from the comfort of my home
This post was not sponsored by anyone, I just want to save you all the hassle of shopping in busy malls 🙂