Powered by Mom’s Coconut Mocha Frappuccino Recipe – Non-Dairy Option Too!
Coconut + Coffee + Chocolate = A Delicious Coconut Mocha Frappuccino
It’s no secret that I love coconut and chocolate and of course coffee, especially my mochas. So naturally I had to try making my own Coconut Mocha Frappuccino now that the warmer weather is (mostly) here. I rarely go out to buy my coffee as I pretty much have own mini coffee shop and I’m my own barista. Let’s just say I have some fabulous espresso machines, machines that foam your milk etc.. Let’s put it this way I have three different coffee type of machines and my hubby and I should own stock in a coffee bean company.
Psst in the recipe we’ve listed some non-dairy options for you, it’s not that hard. You will have to skip the whip cream but hey add some extra chocolate drizzle on top 😉
If you enjoy your lattes, cappuccinos and oh those glorious mochas like I do then buying a special coffee like those on a daily basis is simply not in the budget. It’s not in my budget that’s for sure. So I’ve become quite good at making some delicious creations. They don’t always look pretty but I can promise they taste delectable and will satisfy your caffeine craving too. My Coconut Mocha Frappuccino more than satisfies my coconut, chocolate, coffee addictions and let me tell you it’s perfect to sip on one on a hot day.
While you can buy your own whip cream in a can, whatever works for you, I make my own. Yes I have my own whip cream dispensers so I can make both regular whip cream and chocolate whip cream. My mochas are world famous and what I mean by that my family and friends like them. While I don’t usually have both regular and chocolate whip cream made at the same time, I of course had to try out for my new Coconut Mocha Frappuccinos.
Save yourself the $5-$7 with taxes and make your own. You just need coffee (hello), whole milk (you can use 2%, 1% or skim if you wish by why bother? Chocolate syrup a or your favourite plain chocolate, toasted coconut, coconut milk and of course some whip cream. Well and ice of course but hey that’s easy right? If you don’t have coconut milk you can skip it and just add more milk and go heavy on the toasted coconut. Or you can just make it a mocha frappuccino, where there’s a will there’s a way. Put all the ingredients in a blender or NutrillBullet and you’re good to go.
For those who need “measurements” here you go. It’s a tough one for me because I’m a throw in what looks about right kind of gal for my specialty coffees. However I did measure this last time just for you folks 🙂Print
Coconut Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
- 3-4 shots of freshly brewed espresso (about a 1/3 of a cup depending how strong you want it)
- 1/2 cup milk (I use 2% but whole is creamier and you can use whatever you want really)
- Non Dairy option skip the milk use all coconut milk which is quite rich or sub milk for almond or soy milk either coconut or chocolate! Either is a great choice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk – I get whatever cans are on sale
- 2 1/2 cups ice
- 5-6 Tbsps Chocolate Syrup – use your favourite or melt some chocolate chips with milk
- 1 Tbsp Sugar (of choice)- I don’t do my overly sweet so do to taste. I use Coconut Sugar
- Toasted Unsweetened Coconut Flakes – to taste I use about 1 cup in total
- Whipped Cream – As much as you want
- Brew Coffee
- Add sugar and mix and leave to cool
- Add all the ingredients but the whipped cream of course but save some toasted coconut to top off the drinks
- Blend until completely mixed
- Pour in glasses mine pictured hold 2 cups of liquid each
- Top with whipped cream, more syrup and toasted coconut
I use dark chocolate chips and melt them with a bit of milk to make the syrup that goes in the frappuccino. If you like it sweeter use store bought syrup or melt milk or semi-sweet chocolate.
You can of course top off with whatever you want. I may try a caramel drizzle on top next time.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
Needless to say this is not a drink if you’re trying to be healthy all the time. It’s an indulgence and one that I thoroughly enjoy. I don’t count calories on this one I just enjoy my Coconut Mocha Frappuccino.
Make sure to check out some of the other delicious Summer Sweets from some of my friends below. We hope you enjoy our Coconut Mocha Frappuccino as much as we do. If you try it make sure to let us know.
There’s also our Cookies ‘N Cream Mint Chocolate Milkshake if you don’t want coffee but still want some chocolate 🙂