Powered by Mom Shares a Coconut Tarts with Berries Recipe
Coconut Tarts with Berries Recipe is a Fabulous July 4th Treat! Gluten Free Option Too!
I love anything with coconut, seriously it’s an addiction of mine, coconut is just so yummy. I use coconut oil, flaked coconut, coconut sugar and more. There’s so many wonderful treats you can make with coconut! These coconut tarts are tasty and easy to make which makes them even better in my opinion. You can also top them off with whatever fruits you want because coconut goes with everything.
I’ve also tried these coconut tarts topped with nuts, chocolate, caramel and they’re tasty all on their own too. These tarts are wonderful for celebrations and parties like some have for the 4th of July but in my opinion they’re a welcome treat any time of the year. As I said you can decorate them however you want, have a color theme or a taste them then top it off with whatever you want.
You can be creative with the toppings or just serve them without a topping, they’ll be just as tasty. They really are so easy to make, the hardest part is waiting for the coconut tarts to chill before you can eat them.!
- 1 1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour (All purpose)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut + More for Topping
- 1 Package Keebler Ready Made Graham Cracker Shells (6 Count) - *Gluten Free just use your favorite Gluten Free shell recipe or Glutino's perfect pie crust - http://www.glutino.com/products/baking-mixes/perfect-pie-crust/
- Place the shredded coconut into a blender or food processor and pulse 5-6 times. Set aside.
- Add the evaporated milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract, egg and flour to a saucepan and heat over low heat until boiling. Stir consistently to avoid scorching.
- Stir in the coconut until fully combined.
- Transfer the coconut mixture equally to the tart shells. Fill to just below the rim.
- Place the tarts in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Top the tarts with shredded coconut and berries right before serving.
What coconut or tart recipes do you love? We’d like to know as we always love trying new recipes, especially treats! If you try these coconut tarts let us know how you like them. We hope you find them as delicious as we do. Join the coconut addition!