Compact Safety for Every Adventure

Share Button

Compact Safety for Every Adventure

The HiFold Booster is Perfect for When They Outgrow the Carseat

My oldest is 9 now but because his dad and I are both fairly small people, he is a small kid. I’ve had him in a 5-point harness car seat since birth, but he’s finally big enough to graduate to a booster safely. I have always been skeptical about boosters however, I remember how mine in the early ’90s slipped all over the seat constantly. It just doesn’t seem safe. The compact safety of the HiFold booster seat from MiFold has brought peace of mind. It’s comfortable, exceed safety regulations, and it ultra-portable.

Make sure to check out our 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for more gift ideas for the entire family!

Compact Safety HiFold Mifold Booster Seat

Disclaimer: This review was done by team member Emily. She was provided product in exchange for her honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are her own and were not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way. 

The importance of Adjustability

Compact Safety HiFold Mifold Booster Seat

I’m incredibly paranoid about car safety. If my parents had not been wearing their seatbelts when they were hit and literally run over (in their car) by a drunk driver I wouldn’t exist today. So I always wear my seatbelt. I always make sure all of my children are properly secured for every trip. The tricky thing about most boost seats is they are a “one size fits all” model. And no two kids are the same size or shape. The HiFold has an adjustable width base, sides, and headrest. This ensures that it not only fits and protects my specific child precisely, but the belt is positioned in the correct place for him.

Riding in Cars with Boys

Compact Safety HiFold Mifold Booster Seat

Boys are busy. My son is 9. He now has friends and activities galore. And while I am the one to transport him around 90% of the time, I worry about the other 10% of the time he gets a ride from someone else. The compact safety of the Hifold means this is no longer a problem. The seat is lightweight and folds down into a compact 13.5″ by 13.5″ by 9.8″ size. It only weighs 10 pounds. I can move it from my car into anyone else’s and have it ready to go in no time.

Comfort is Key

Compact Safety HiFold Mifold Booster Seat

My son has a sensitivity to certain textures and sensations. He cannot stand the seams in socks, tags that itch or sitting in his old car seat any longer. To be fair he has had it most of his life and the foam padding it has well broken down. As compact as the HiFold is we were both surprised at how comfortable it really is. There is just enough padding to make it comfortable with all the needed layers a highback booster needs to keep him safe. He absolutely loves being able to use a regular seatbelt now. Be aware that it does require a seatbelt with both lap and shoulder belts.

A Safety Rating that Gives Me Peace of Mind

Compact Safety HiFold Mifold Booster Seat

As I said at the start, car safety is incredibly important to me. This HiFold highback booster meets and/or exceeds the FMVSS 213 safety regulation in the United States, as well as the regulations for boosters in the EU and Canada. As new seats are manufactured they are also tested regularly to make sure they still exceed these standards.

Compact Safety HiFold Mifold Booster SeatAs a mom, I absolutely love this. I also love the almost perfect 4.9 stars out of 5 is gets from other parents.The testimonials have made me confident that in the unfortunate case we should ever need it in an accident, my son can walk away unharmed. I love that the way this seat is set up makes it very easy to ensure that it’s used properly. This means fewer cases of injury from improperly situated seatbelts and I’m all for that.

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Travel Tips

Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge is a vast new area in Disneyland and Walt Disney World. The interactive land stages a conflict between the resistance and the First Order on a previously neutral and isolated world. We've got all the tips you will need to conquer all there is to see and enjoy at this fabulous new attraction no matter which location you go to!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

  1. Safety is such a big concern of mine and having a lightweight and compact car seat like this makes it so much easier to use in all situations.