Powered by Mom’s Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos Recipe
Festive and Tasty Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos are a fabulous holiday appetizer
I love appetizers. There’s an amazing variety of appetizers to be had or created and seriously how much fun is it to nibble on different appies. These Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos are no exception. I’m addicted to them, give me a table full of appetizers like these and I’m set, that’s my kind of meal.
PSST there’s also a $500 Bed, Bath & Beyond Gift Card Giveaway below – Canada Only!
As you may have guessed from a lot of our recipes like this Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos recipe, we love chicken. It’s our favourite protein. When you have a picky eater like my daughter you rejoice when you have a protein they like and you can make a variety of recipes out of so that you don’t get bored with the same old same old. I had a lot of fun testing out these Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos. I love brie and wanted something for the holiday season so enter the cranberries and hello the chicken was a no-brainer. I’ve been dying to try my hand at wonton tacos for something different and that’s how this recipe came to be.
That’s one of the many reasons why being a Canadian Chicken Farmers Ambassador this year was such a good fit for myself and my family. We really do eat more chicken than other protein. We also care about supporting family and locally owned business of which the majority of Canadian Chicken farmers are family owned businesses.
Pair that with their high standards of animal care and food safety and we’re proud to support Canadian Chicken Farmers. It is important to us that they are serious about raising healthy chickens in a humane way. Whether I’m an ambassador in the future or not I will continue to buy chicken raised by a Canadian Chicken Farmer, always.
Always look for the symbol above when buying your chicken and if you don’t see it speak to your store about bringing it in. Canadian chicken is grain-fed, free of hormones and steroids. That’s important for me to know what’s not in what I feed my family. To find out more and/or to get some recipe inspiration make sure to stop by their website Chicken.ca. I also take full advantage of their grocery app, it just makes my grocery shopping that much easier. Download the free app HERE.
So who is ready to check out this delicious Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos?
Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos RecipePrint
- 9-12 wonton wrappers
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cracked peppercorns
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 oz prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 9 oz brie, sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted walnuts, chopped
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, add a thin layer of canola oil, no more than ¼ inch in depth. Once hot, place a single wonton sheet in the oil and allow it to fry for a few seconds before grabbing a corner with tongs and pulling it gently up out of the oil and over the rest of the wonton to create a taco shell shape. Hold the corner up until the bottom in the oil is golden and crispy, then flip the wonton over and continue holding it in shape until the bottom crisps. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate, then repeat with remaining wonton wrappers. This step can be done a few hours ahead if needed and stored in a plastic bag with a paper towel.
- Pat dry the chicken breast strips and trim excess fat if needed. Season generously with the salt, pepper, and rosemary, patting it into both sides of the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, then add the chopped prosciutto and cook, stirring frequently, for two minutes. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink and the thickest portion of the chicken is 165 degrees, turning halfway through, around 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and let sit for a couple minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- To assemble the wonton tacos, distribute the chicken between the 9 best wonton wrappers, then add a slice or two of the brie. Top with a dollop of cranberry sauce, then sprinkle with toasted walnuts and enjoy!
I’m not going to lie, frying the wonton wraps and making them a taco shape can be a bit finicky. Have some extras for the first time you make it because if you’re like me you’ll break a few at first. It’s okay you’ll quickly get the hang of it and it’s so worth it because these Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos are going to be a hit. Personally I triple the recipe because these Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos go oh so quickly and that’s before I even share them with my family 😉
I love the tartness of the craberry sauce (of which mine is more cranberries than sauce) paired with the chicken, herbs and the brie itself oh my. The toasted walnuts just add another level of crispiness but you can leave out nuts for those with allergies of course. Now just imagine serving this yummy deliciousness called Cranberry Brie Chicken Wonton Tacos to your friends and family this holiday season. I think I’m going to eat these all year long and change up the fruit sauce. I’m thinking chopped mangos could also work along with a few other fruity delights.If you don’t have fresh rosemary you can use dried but the fresh rosemary just adds a whole other level of taste so if you can get it do, it’s totally worth it. If I’ve made you hungry enough now how about a fabulous giveaway? Chicken Farmers of Canada is giving away a $500 Bed, Bath and Beyond Gift Card! Wow?! Enter below and GOOD LUCK!
Need some ideas on what to cook tonight? Stop by Chicken.ca for a ton of yummy recipes!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.