Indulge in this healthy Asian Chopped Salad featuring delicious seasoned chicken breast, lettuce, cabbage, almonds, and a simple but yummy homemade salad dressing!
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups chicken breast, shredded
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup crispy wonton strips
- In a blender, combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add cooked chicken breast to a medium-sized bowl and drizzle with ⅓-½ of the dressing. Toss gently to coat and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine and iceberg lettuces, red cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and optional chives. Top with the marinated (from the dressing) chicken, then garnish with the sesame seeds, sliced almonds, cashews, and wonton strips. Serve with remaining dressing to drizzle as desired.
Make the dressing a day ahead and refrigerate in an airtight container to save time.
To keep the crispy wonton strips crispy don’t add the final dressing until you’re ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 large bowl
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 58g
Keywords: chicken, chicken salad, Asian chicken salad, Asian chopped salad, summer salad