Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
This Curried Carrot Soup is yummy and oh so spicy.
If you like it spicy then add the minimum spices below for this Curried Carrot Soup but if you want to tone it down a bit then just add less.
I just made a batch of this Curried Carrot Soup and it’s oh so good. It warms up the tummy and the face for the spice but oh what a perfect fall and winter meal. I topped with some fresh Thai Basil which just gave it an added pop of yum. It’s made with coconut milk and it is quite flavorful. As mentioned if you don’t like you soup spicy you can cut down on the curry paste or if you’re like me mix your on curry spices. I use cumin, turmeric and some garlic usually but for this one I happened to have some yellow curry paste so I decided to use it up.
Now on to this scrumptious recipe.Print
- 2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pelled, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp red or yellow curry paste (red paste will make the soup more orange color). 1 tbps makes quite spicy
- 2 1/2 cups chopped carrots, peeled
- 4 1/2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk (light or regular depending how rich you want it.)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (your preference)
- In a large pot on medium low, add oil, garlic and onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, red curry paste, carrots and chicken broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat, add coconut milk, and cool to room temperature
- Place in blender or food processor. Mix until smooth
- Heat to serve
*Adapted from Nutri-Ninja Blender System Recipe Book
- Serving Size: 4-6
There you have it a yummy Curried Carrot Soup with a nice kick to it. You can serve it with French bread or Naan if you like , both are great to dip in the soup. Make sure you don’t miss out on all our other yummy recipes. Check out our recipe section HERE . We’ve got a variety of recipes from the sweet and decadent to the healthy but still oh so delicious. Smoothies, desserts, steak, fries, coconut tarts, chocolate mousse and the list goes on.
You can also snag our FREE Recipe book by going HERE.
Let us know if you try any of our recipes we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to share your favorite recipe with us in the comments below. Thanks for stopping by.
Don’t forget we’ve also got some fabulous giveaways happening, just look on the right hand side of our page they’re all listed there.