- 2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pelled, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp red or yellow curry paste (red paste will make the soup more orange color). 1 tbps makes quite spicy
- 2 1/2 cups chopped carrots, peeled
- 4 1/2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk (light or regular depending how rich you want it.)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (your preference)
- In a large pot on medium low, add oil, garlic and onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, red curry paste, carrots and chicken broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat, add coconut milk, and cool to room temperature
- Place in blender or food processor. Mix until smooth
- Heat to serve
*Adapted from Nutri-Ninja Blender System Recipe Book
- Serving Size: 4-6