TWO Delicious Recipes with Yogurt – Curry Chicken Salad and Greek Chicken
Create delicious family meals with yogurt!
Yogurt is without a doubt one of my favourite healthy snacks. I love yogurt because there are so many delicious flavours making it impossible for it to be boring. More than just a snack, you can add it to a favourite dinner recipe or try a new one, like the Greek Chicken and Curry Chicken Salad recipes we’re about to share! These are some tasty meals that will have you wondering what else you can create with yogurt.
Curry Chicken Salad
I love this Curry Chicken Salad because of its sweet, spicy, savoury and tart flavour. Oh, and did I mention it was easy to make? The creamy dressing, made with Walmart Great Value Peach Yogurt, is the perfect complement to this salad’s crispy apples, tender chicken and crunchy almonds. Not only is it packed with flavour and super-simple to make, it’s also easy on the wallet at just over $2 per serving!
All you need is cooked and cooled chicken and a selection of basic veggies. This meal is great for busy moms because it takes just 10 minutes to prepare. I love that this recipe is quick, healthy and most importantly, delicious. The peach yogurt paired with the curry paste creates a flavourful dressing that is a whole new level of tasty!
- 100g container Great Value 1.5% Peach Yogurt
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 royal gala apple, cored and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, stir together yogurt and curry paste. Add chicken, apples, celery, red onion and almonds; toss to coat. Divide lettuce leaves evenly among four plates and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Kitchen Tip: You can make this salad even more filling by adding some brown rice or wheat berries to the chicken and apples mixture just before tossing to combine with the dressing.
Greek-Style Chicken Legs and Potato Salad
Did you know that yogurt is also fabulous as a marinade for meats? It adds flavour and makes the meat oh so tender. For this Greek Chicken recipe we used Great Value Plain Yogurt to marinade chicken and as a dressing on yummy potato salad for a delicious meal that left us feeling full and content.
A yogurt marinade is less acidic than citrus version so it breaks down proteins more slowly resulting in meats that are tender and moist. Let me tell you, after barbecuing, this chicken was super moist and delicious. My whole family loved this meal.
For this recipe, you can let your chicken legs marinate while you prepare the yogurt and fresh herb potato salad or for an extra flavour boost, let the marinating continue overnight. You just need Great Value Plain 0% Yogurt, lemon zest, cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, minced oregano leaves, chicken legs, red baby potatoes and fresh dill.
- 1 cup Great Value Plain 0% Yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced oregano leaves
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 lb red baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper. Reserve ½ cup of the mixture and set aside. Stir oregano into remaining yogurt mixture and add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min or up to 1 day.
- Add potatoes to a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Uncover and cook until potatoes can be easily pierced with a paring knife or fork, about 10 to 12 min. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Cut potatoes in half and toss with reserved yogurt sauce, dill and green onions in a medium bowl.
- Heat barbecue to medium-low. Add chicken and cook 22 to 24 min or until cooked through (165°F), turning halfway. Serve with potato salad.
Kitchen Tip: Don’t have fresh oregano? Substitute for half the dried amount for a similar taste.
For more great recipes visit Walmart.ca/recipes
Between the curry chicken salad and the Greek chicken recipes, I bet your mouth is watering now! But wait – the yumminess doesn’t stop there. You can also make Coconut Chicken Fingers with vanilla yogurt and so many other delicious meals.
If you try one or both of these recipes, please let us know how much you loved them. You can Pin them and save them for later via the images below.
Pin the Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
Pin the Greek-Style Chicken Legs and Potato Salad Recipe
This post is sponsored by Walmart Canada as part of the Walmart Great Value Yogurt program. In exchange for this post, I have received perks in the form of products and/or compensation. All opinions on this blog are my own.