DC65 Animal Dyson Vacuum
I am really excited to share DC65 Animal Dyson vacuum review. This particular model was released into the market at Best Buy in January 2014 and all other major retailers in March 2014. While it has nothing to do with how it functions I was tickled purple that the Dyson vacuum I received the DC65 animal was you got it purple, what could be better for Powered by Mom?
Well of course what could be better is a vacuum that sucks up all the dog hair, cat hair, pine needles and everything else that gets track into the house from the great outdoors. We live across the street from a forest, we have pine trees everywhere and as I mentioned we’ve got dogs. So a lot of stuff gets tracked into our house which drives me crazy. Sweeping does not pick up everything, I gave up on our built in vacuum a year after we moved in, it wasn’t getting the job done but our new Dyson vacuum is picking it all up!
Besides the pet hair and pine needles one of my cleaning challenges is our high traffic stairs. There’s constantly stuff on them and it’s such a pain to haul a vacuum up and down the stairs. Fortunately for me the Dyson DC65 Animal now has a nice long hose, so I only have to take it up four steps to vacuum the whole set of stairs. Getting pictures to show you how it’s done is how I was able to talk my husband into doing the vacuuming after all the Dyson does make cleaning the floors so much easier!
Check out hubby taking advantage of the long hose. You pull the hose right out of the top (where the red is) so nothing to attach or detach, very handy indeed!
Then just pull the hose up and start sucking up all the dust, pet hair and more! As you can see he can even get the top of the door frames and higher! We can actually go to the very top of our stairs when we bring it up the first four steps. It reaches the second level of the house!
It keeps getting better, when it’s time to empty the canister your hands don’t get dirty or dusty at all. You don’t touch the dirt. You just detach the canister, hold it over the garbage can, press a button and out it all comes.
Just in case you need more proof at how easy it is to empty I just had to take a video for you. This is an important feature for me as I’m allergic to dust and cat hair and more. It’s also why I love the Dyson vacuum overall with it’s sealed canister so that no dust and allergens escape while vacuuming.
I will admit one of my worries when I first got this vacuum was that it would be too heavy to lift and bring up the stairs. I have rheumatoid arthritis which unfortunately has affected my knees and wrists. However when you pick up the Dyson, I found when you pick it up from the front curved handle, it was quite easy to lift up and carry up the stairs which I have now done several times. The cord is nice and long so I don’t have to constantly unplug it and put it in another outlet to do each room, I can usually get at least 2-3 of the rooms done before having to switch to another outlet. With the exception of one area rug my house does not have any carpets so the floors get vacuumed a lot. The Dyson has now made it much easier for me to keep our floors clean! It really does have twice the suction of any vacuum I have ever tried.
The Dyson DC65 Animal vacuum gets a 5 out of 5 stars from Powered by Mom and family for having twice the suction, cleaning power, long hose and more to help us keep our floors cleaner than they have ever been!
– Testing: Dyson upright vacuums are subjected to 550 tests over 50,000 hours. During development a Dyson vacuum will be dropped onto a hard floor 5,318 times. It will run 847 miles on a turntable rig; the equivalent of being pushed from the Dyson Headquarters in Malmesbury, Wiltshire to Valencia, Spain.
– Patents: There are currently 304 patents and 481 pending patent applications worldwide relating to technology used in the Dyson Ball™ range of vacuum cleaners.
– Research, Design and Development: DC65 is the result of more than three years’ intensive R&D by a team of 70 engineers who created 5,000 prototypes.
– Tools: This machine includes Dyson-engineered tools, designed to clean hard to reach places.
– Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
– Weight: 17.3lb (7.8kg)
– Measurements: 42 inches high, 15 inches wide and 13 inches deep
– Bin capacity: 0.55 gallon (2 liters)
– Warranty: The machine comes with a 5 year parts and labor warranty.