- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, room temperature (still liquid)
- Place all ingredients in your blender or food processor (we used a blender and it works great) and process for about 15-30 seconds or until smooth. (The batter should have the consistency of light cream.).
- Cover and let it sit at room temperature about 15-30 minutes. Or place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour, or up to two days. After chilling the batter, if it’s become too thick, thin it out with a little milk or water.
- Heat a 9-inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat until a few drops of water dropped on the pan slightly sizzle. Adjust the temperature as needed.
- Lightly butter the pan, just enough to coat it.
- Lift the pan from the heat and, pour about 3-4 tablespoons of the batter into the center of the hot pan. We used a small batter scoop.
- Tilt and swirl the pan so the batter forms an even layer (don’t worry about making it a perfect circle).
- Cook until the edges of the Crêpes start to curl and the top looks almost dry (about 1-2 minutes).
- (The bottom of the Crêpe will have get a golden brown lacy pattern.) Flip the Crêpe and continue to cook for about 15-30 seconds or until you have golden brown spots over the surface.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate. Continue to cook and stack the Crêpes
We ended up refrigerating our batter overnight as we ran out of time when we first started. The crepes still came out beautifully.
Add your favourite fruits or jams. We thought about adding whipped cream but the crepes were so good with the berries, powdered sugar and maple syrup that whipped cream was not needed.
If you want to make savoury crepes, skip the vanilla and add less sugar or skip the sugar.
You can also freeze the crepes.Stack and wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of days or freeze up until 1 month.
- Serving Size: 9 inch
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 8g