Powered by Mom’s shares a Delicious Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
There’s a crispness in the air as Fall arrives and for some reason that puts me in a baking mood. My family has been wanting me to bake some Banana Bread. In trying to eat healthier, I have been incorporating coconut oil into some different recipes. So, I thought why not give coconut oil a try in my Banana Bread recipe. Can you really improve on any Banana Bread recipe?
As the Banana Bread baked it filled our home with the delicious scent of fresh baked bread with a hint of bananas and coconut! By the time it was finished baking, the whole family was in the kitchen waiting on a slice right out of the oven. Oh my! It was so delicious! Everyone agreed they loved the taste the coconut oil gave it! We now have a new favorite bread recipe!
It turned out so good and delicious that I want to share the recipe with you so you can enjoy it too! It’s an easy recipe that is simple to make. Serve it with a tall cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee and delight your family!
Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil (you can use the solid form and just melt it, I get mine at Costco, great price for a big jar that lasts me 6 months or more)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar some of you have been asking so letting you know I get my coconut sugar at my Costco (you can use white, brown or raw cane sugar but the coconut sugar is low on the glycemic index and is sooo good!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups pastry flour but regular flour can be used too or substitute for whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Optional topping – 2 tbsps coconut flakes, 1tbsp coconut sugar
The topping is optional, what I did was I put it on one loaf for the last ten minutes of baking, I love it! It’s just an added yummy factor to the loaf.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan (or spray with cooking spray).
2. Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mash bananas.
3. Add coconut oil and sugar to the bananas, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating on low speed until well-incorporated, but do not overmix. Overmixing will yield a tough banana bread.
6. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips. Pour coconut banana bread dough into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake for 55-65 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy this delicious banana bread. You can do it with or without coconut of course but I love it with 🙂