- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 12 oz high-quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Lightly grease 6 mini tart pans. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and the melted coconut oil until thoroughly combined. Portion the mixture between the 6 mini tart pans and press into the bottom and sides to form and even crust. Cover and set in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once simmering, pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 2 minutes untouched.
- Gently whisk the cream and chocolate together until smooth. Add the butter in slices and continue slowly stirring until melted and combined with the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the chilled tart shells, and use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate into an even layer. Place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 2 hours, and up to 2 days. Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, or whipped cream.
Feel free to top with your favourite berries or nuts or another personal favourite of mine toasted coconut, yum