A Delicious Twist on Chicken Nachos & Crescent Rolls with Great Value Pasta Sauces
Check out how the Great Value Pasta Sauces help to create these two tasty recipes Cheesy Chicken Nachos and Powerhouse Pizza Rollups!
Pasta sauces don’t have to be just for pasta!
You never know what tasty meals you can create when you shake up your regular recipes. For example, when you have delicious pasta sauces available to you like those from Walmart’s Great Value line, why limit yourself by just putting them on pasta?! Try using them to make your nachos bolder or to add burst of flavour to an every-day crescent roll. Overall, try pairing your pasta sauces with something besides, well, pasta.Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My family and I love nachos, but I admit we always make it the same way because it’s easy and quick. I had never thought to add one of those Great Value Pasta Sauces in my cupboard. My family, however, is thrilled that we’ve tried something new and they love these Cheesy Chicken Nachos with the Great Value Alfredo Pasta Sauce kicking it up a notch in the flavour department!
Even my picky eater of a daughter was all over these nachos. We wish we had tried this sooner; it’s so easy to make and so full of flavour. All you need is boneless chicken breasts, Tex Mex seasoning, large bag of tortilla chips (for fun we used, blue corn, red corn and white corn ones), shredded cheddar cheese, Great Value Alfredo Sauce, tomatoes, chopped, green onions, black olives (or choice of olives), sour cream and you’re good to go!You warm up the Alfredo sauce in a pan, add your grilled chicken and while it’s still warm add to your tortilla chip, top with cheese and repeat in two or three layers. Once you’re ready put it in the microwave for about 90 seconds and/or until the cheese is melted. Once the cheese is melted, you can add your favourite toppings. Above you can see some of the ingredients we chose. They were so good we made another, spicier batch with jalapenos for me. You can also top with green onions, which my hubby loves, however, I have to skip them on mine as I have an allergic intolerance to them. Thank goodness I can still do the spicy toppings.You can print this delicious Cheesy Chicken Nachos Recipe below!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Tex Mex seasoning
- 1 large bag of blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) old cheddar, shredded
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) Great Value Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, sliced into coins
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) black olives
- Sour cream
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Season chicken breasts with Tex Mex seasonings. Grill for four minutes on one side, flip, and grill for another four minutes (or until internal temperature is 165F [75C]). Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium saucepan, heat Alfredo Great Value Pasta sauce over medium heat. Chop chicken into cubes and add to sauce. Keep warm.
- On a microwave safe platter, place tortilla chips in a single layer, top with ½ cup of chicken and Alfredo sauce, then ½ cup of shredded Cheddar. Repeat for two more layers.
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from microwave and top with tomatoes, jalapenos, green onions and olives. Serve with sour cream.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 20
Cost per serving: $5.10
It’s such an easy and flavourful meal, I’m now thinking about which Great Value Pasta Sauce I can try next on the nachos. I think the Great Value Bacon Alfredo Pasta Sauce would be amazing. We don’t have to stop at the nachos though, think of all the meals or snacks that you can benefit from more flavour with other pasta sauces.
Powerhouse Pizza Rollups
Turn regular crescent rolls into a tasty meal or snack with the Great Value Four Cheese Pasta Sauce and make these Powerhouse Pizza Rollups. The Great Value Four Cheese Sauce adds a zesty flavour that will make these Pizza Rollups a favourite with your family. You can use the small or large crescent rolls depending on whether you want them to be a meal or an appetizer. The size doesn’t matter as these goodies are all about the delicious flavour you get from the sauce, spinach, red peppers and feta cheese inside of them!
These are fun for the whole family to make, from the little kids to the big ones. You will need refrigerated crescent rolls, Great Value Four Cheese Pasta Sauce, fresh baby spinach, medium red pepper, and feta, crumbled. You add your Great Value Pasta Sauce first, spinach, peppers and top with feta and roll them up. Don’t worry about making them look perfect; the important thing is they will taste great!Once you have filled your tray (remember to leave space in between in each roll) put it in the oven and in no time at all you’ll have a tasty treat for the whole family.
You can print this Powerhouse Pizza Rollups Recipe below for your convenience too!
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (250 ml) Great Value Four Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup (125 ml) feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Separate crescent rolls into eight triangles and space evenly on baking sheet.
- At the wide end of each triangle, place a generous teaspoonful of pasta sauce. Top with three or four baby spinach leaves. Add three or four pepper strips and one teaspoon of feta to each triangle. Roll up each triangle loosely. Careful not to overload contents, as it could result in improperly cooked rolls.
- Transfer sheet to oven and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Serve with remaining Great Value Four Cheese Pasta Sauce for dipping.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 20
Cost per serving: $2.50
How easy are those to make? You know the kiddos will love getting “hands-on” when it comes to making these goodies.I love that these recipes are also very budget friendly. What more could you ask for, tasty meals that won’t break the bank.
These recipe ideas are courtesy of Walmart Canada. In addition to the Cheesy Chicken Nachos, Powerhouse Pizza Rollups you can also check out the Shakshouka Goes to Italy recipe. Shakshouka is just a fancy way of saying eggs poached in a tomato sauce, this version is infused with the flavours of Great Value’s Onion & Garlic Pasta Sauce. That sounds delicious!
Feel free to PIN these recipes for later. We know you will enjoy them as much as we did!
PIN for the Cheesy Chicken Nachos
PIN for the Powerhouse Pizza Rollups
Make sure to check our recipes section for other tasty ideas!
This post is sponsored by Walmart Canada as part of the Walmart Made Better with Great Value Pasta Sauce! In exchange for this post, I have received perks in the form of products and/or compensation. All opinions on this blog are my own.