Diono Radian RXT Car Seat – the only car seat you will need!
The car seat that grows with your child from baby to big kid, from rear facing all the way to a booster.
One of the best investments a mother can possibly make may just be a solid, high-quality convertible car seat.
Read Menucha’s review on this fabulous car seat. Find out more about her and the whole Powered by Mom team on our About Us page.
When my baby (now a toddler) was just four months old, I received that big jolt that made me aware of just how important car seat safety is. We were driving, passing by a driverless garbage truck that was half blocking the road. My husband drove past it very slowly and carefully, as it was snowy out, and a little slip wouldn’t have put us in good shape…
Then the truck began to drive. We hadn’t even noticed the driver get back in! And apparently, he didn’t see us. We were lucky, and he stopped right after he bumped our car. The front door was smashed in, with shattered glass all over. My husband had some cuts, but that was it. We were safe.
Sometimes it takes a little accident to make you realize how, even if you are the most careful driver on the road, there will always be someone else who isn’t. And ensuring that your child is properly strapped into a good car seat is essential.
I began research on not only what’s the law and AAP recommendations regarding car seat safety, but also what best practices are. The Diono Radian RXT Car Seat is unique in that it not only conforms with the laws and guidelines, but it makes it easier for moms to go beyond that and keep their kids even safer.
It does that by being:
- Easy to install properly.
- Extremely sturdy; the only car seat with a full steel frame.
- Built for extended rear facing (up to 45 pounds!)
- Built to accommodate different seat shapes while forward facing, with a recline option.
Dedicated to developing safe, reliable and easy-to-use car seats, boosters and travel accessories, Diono® is focused on offering families enjoyable travel experiences with award-winning products. With an unmatched safety record, all Diono® car seats and boosters surpass Federal crash test standards and meet NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions.
Diono is simply king when it comes to making car seats that go above and beyond. And when it comes to protecting my child, I know that I want to do just that. The Diono Radian RXT shows that quality, with its extra features. I have only heard rave reviews about it when I’ve asked around about car seats, and now I got to experience it…
Features of the Diono Radian RXT:
Add up to four cupholders! One is included with your car seat.
Easy-to-open harness doesn’t get jammed (a big concern for me as I’ve had that issue in the past.)
Folds up for storage or travel!
Features a reinforced head support for extra safety and comfort.
Shoulder pads keep your baby comfortable. The chest clip has an illustrated reminder of proper positioning – at armpit level.
Currently available in four beautiful colors.
- Sturdily made with a full steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sidewalls. This makes it much stronger (although a bit heavy to carry.)
- Lined with EPS foam and an energy absorbing SafeStop® harness system to keep your child even safer.
- Not only does it come with LATCH connectivity – it comes with SuperLATCH! These are four times stronger than the industry standard.
- It has a narrow footprint so you can fit three across in most mid-sized cars.
- It also has a low seat so your child can easily climb in.
- Comes with infant body support cushions to keep your baby comfy and secure.
- Includes 5 height positions.
- Removable, machine washable cover.
- Rear facing: from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing: from 20 – 80 lbs in a 5-point harness and booster up to 120 pounds.
- Life-span of ten years until it expires.
Installation of the Diono Radian RXT car seat was extremely easy, even without a LATCH-capable vehicle. My toddler is obsessed with it and finds it super comfortable. He is a tall two-and-a-half-year-old and recently outgrew rear-facing in other convertible car seats. In this one he can still rear-face!
The Diono Radian RXT is a sturdy, safe option so that you can do your best to protect your babies!