It’s a Disney PIXAR Inside Out Snack Recipe Featuring: Anger!
Inside Out has been the most popular movie this summer if not this year and it’s no wonder, it’s a fabulous family movie. I know that my daughter and I just loved this movie, it’s one of our favorites of all time. You can read our review on this fantastic movie HERE. We thought this was a perfect time to share a fun and tasty recipe featuring one of the adorable characters from Inside Out – Anger. Yes he may be Anger but he’s an important emotion and don’t tell him we said this but we think he’s funny and cute 🙂
My daughter is a picky eater gut surprisingly she loves raw bell peppers so this snack is perfect for her. It’s not easy to find healthy snacks for her, believe me I’m always looking. I love this one because it’s also fun and with the exception of the special cutting the rest is so easy to do. The cutting just takes longer than everything else but you get the hang of it and in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t need to be perfect, after all they’re just going to eat it!Print
- 1 Flour Tortilla (taco size)
- 1 Corn Tortilla (taco size)
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Canned Black Beans
- Red Bell Pepper
- Crackers (I used Crunchmaster Sea Salt Multi-Grain)
- Ziploc or Sandwich Bag
- Cut your red bell pepper in half removing the seeds. This will become ANGER’s face.
- Place your softened cream cheese into a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in one corner of the bag.
- Use the cream cheese to pipe ANGER’s frown and eyes onto the bell pepper.
- Place two canned black beans on the white cream cheese eyes to form pupils. If you have black food coloring you can tint a small amount of cream cheese black and pipe on for the same effect.
- Using the red bell pepper face for a guide, and with a sharp knife, cut your corn tortilla to form the fire coming out of the top of ANGER’s head.
- Cut your flour tortilla in half. This will become ANGER’s shirt. With the lip of a cup turned upside down, cut a neck opening on the rounded edge. Place under ANGERS chin.
- Cut the flat side of the flour tortilla to form the arms.
- Cut each shirt collar side from the reserved tortilla piece you removed with your cup’s lip. Place under ANGER’s chin.
- From the other half of your red bell pepper freehand ANGER’s tie with a sharp knife.
- Cut two rounded edges from the remaining red bell pepper for ANGER’s fists.
- Place two crackers under ANGER’s shirt to form his legs.
- You’re done! Serve with a dip if you want.
This recipe is bound to be a hit with all of the Inside Out movie lovers young and older. If my daughter likes it odds are almost everyone will like it. Now we just have to figure out some fun snacks with the other emotions. Hmm any ideas?