- 5 medium apples (I used 3 Gala and two granny smith) – ** optional, peeling the apple skin off.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Squeeze a little lemon about a teaspoon
- 2 pie crusts (I used Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Start by thinly slicing up the apples. Toss those into a large bowl. Combine with your sugar and mix well.
- Next add cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, salt, and lemon. Mix well and set aside.
- Get your pie dish and pie crust. Lay your pie crust down in the bowl and press firmly all over so it is snug to the bowl.
- Add in your apple mixture.
- Unroll your second pie crust and lay it over top of the apple mixture.
- Get the sides of your hands and press firmly into the sides of the pie. Then you want to bend the side of crust over and pinch.
- With a knife put a few slits in the top. Place in oven at 425 for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
- You can top with vanilla ice cream or whip cream. Enjoy.