Powered by Mom shares an Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Lately we’ve been bored of eating the same old foods all of the time. However my biggest challenge is that fact that my 13 year old daughter is a picky eater so new recipes can be a challenge. Fortunately she does like beef and chicken and she definitely loves a good steak so I generally try to plan meals around those particular proteins but I will admit I am the one who gets bored first of eating the same things over and over again. I grew up eating a variety of foods from almost every ethnic group so it has been a challenge for me to have such a picky eater in the family.
Recently I wanted to try something new for a chicken dish but I didn’t have a lot of time to cook up anything fancy. I came across some easy baked chicken parmesan recipes and from several different ones that I saw I came up with my own recipe which I found to be easy and tasty and yes even my picky eater ate it too 🙂
So here it is my Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
- 6 chicken thighs (most use chicken breasts but we usually have thighs on hand)
- 1 Shake N Bake package (or panko crumbs)
- 1 Jar (or 2 cups) tomato sauce (for more flavor try a spiced one, garlic & cheese or whatever you like)
- 1-2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (depending on how much cheese you like)
- Shreddes parmesan to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary
- any other spice you like to taste. I used salt & pepper or you can use the Italian mix from Mrs. Dash
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash chicken
- Even using chicken things leave the skin on for extra crispiness or take off if you want it to be leaner
- Mix spices such as rosemary, oregano etc.. with Shake N Bake
- Coat chicken with Shake N Bake
- You can top off coated chicken with a bit of salt & pepper if you like
- Bake until chicken until it is cooked through.
- Cover chicken with tomato sauce
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Continue baking until cheese is melted.
- That's it let it stand for 5 minutes and serve with either rice or pasta
If you're like me and like to experiment you can play around with the spices. I like to try out different spices when I can. If I'm short on time I'll even try out some of the Mrs. Dash spices I have on hand as they often times produce some really flavorful food