- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- olive oil
- 3 large carrots, cut large pieces
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, cut into sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- With paper towels, pat dry each piece of chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, over medium high heat, drizzle olive oil on the bottom and brown the chicken, skin side down first.
- Once it becomes brown, turn each piece over.
- Next add the garlic and all the vegetables. Stir and cook until the garlic has become fragrant.
- Then pour the chicken broth and tomato sauce.
- Give it a quick stir. Lower heat, allow to simmer just until the carrots are cooked through. Usually 10 minutes or so.
- Serve over rice or polenta.