Yummy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
If you love the rich taste of chocolate then this Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe is for you!
This recipe is super rich in flavor and of course it’s all about the chocolate, so come on all you chocolate lovers time for some chocolate mousse, you’ll love how easy it is to make this one!
We made this dessert today for Father’s Day as chocolate mousse is one of my husbands favourite desserts and I was able to whip it up and 3pm and serve it by 7pm not bad at all! You can top it off with some chocolate curls, berries, coconut or leave it plain, either way it’s delicious. Be prepared to loosen those pants though because it is a rich dessert and you’ll feel full and your chocolate cravings satisfied. Did I mention it’s easy to make?Print
- 3-4 oz semisweet chocolate chips or you can use squares but chop them up. If you like more chocolate taste go with 4 oz that’s what we used but 3 oz also works it’s just not intense but still delicious
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl that will have enough room to add the cream
- In a saucepan bring the cream just to boil (no need to scald it)
- Pour cream over the chocolate chips and start to whisk until it’s smooth
- Whisk in the vanilla
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until it’s chilled and has thickened.
- If you double the recipe then double the cooling time.
- After it’s chilled use an electric mixer and beat chocolate mix until soft peaks form.
- Spoon in dessert bowls and serve with or without toppings
Now enjoy! Let us know if you try it and what you think of it. What are some of your favorite chocolate recipes?