If you love the rich taste of chocolate then this Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe is for you! This recipe is rich in flavor and it’s all about the chocolate!
- 1.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl that will have enough room to add the cream
- In a saucepan bring the cream just to boil (no need to scald it)
- Pour cream over the chocolate chips and start to whisk until it’s smooth
- Whisk in the vanilla
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until it’s chilled and has thickened.
- If you double the recipe then double the cooling time.
- After it’s chilled use an electric mixer and beat chocolate mix until soft peaks form.
- Spoon in dessert bowls and serve with or without toppings
“Cook” time is time to chill. It is ready after chilling in the fridge and whipping in the mixer but I recommend chilling for another hour after spooning into dessert bowls.
Keywords: chocolate mousse, chocolate, dessert, easy dessert