Easy Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
Enjoy a pastry with your coffee or tea. This Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish is so easy to make!
If you’re a pastry lover like we are you will definitely enjoy this easy peasy Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish Recipe. It’s so easy to make and you can easily make different variations of this Crescent Roll Danish. Like strawberries, blueberries or other fruit you can add them. Think of whatever pie fillings or jams you like even lemon pie and you can have that flavor. The possibilities are endless.
If you love sweet treats and can imagine yourself sitting down with your cup of coffee or tea with your favorite Danish flavor then this recipe is for you. It’s almost too easy to make, you’ll want to double the batch but it’s just as easy to half this Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish Recipe too. I love adding some lemon zest to it or switch out the cream cheese filling with a lemon pie filling. The delicious possibilities are endless.
Be sure to check out all the other great treats on the linky below for 12 Days of Really Great Summer Treats!
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles (4 rectangles per can). In each of the rectangles, pinch closed the diagonal line to form a solid sheet of dough. Then, slice lengthwise to form two strips from each.
- Sprinkle lightly with the granulated sugar.
- Roll each of the rectangles into a roll.
- Gently lift and twist the opposite ends in opposing directions to form a loose rope.
- Form a circle with the twisted dough and place onto a cookie sheet lined with a parchment paper. Space each Danish at least 2 inches apart.
- Using your fingers, press the center to make a well for the filling. You may also need to stretch out the sides a bit.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sour cream. (I used a mixer to make this easier).
- Once creamed, add approximately a tablespoon of the filling to each roll.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove, and allow to cool for approximately 15 minutes.
- While Danishes are cooling, use a small bowl and mix together powdered sugar, milk and butter.
- Place in a plastic baggie by using a small glass or cup (to make an easy piping bag), and push to one corner. Snip the corner off with a pair of scissors. Then, lightly drizzle over the cooled Danishes.
You can also fill with pie filling, jams, and preserves! You can use cherry, apple, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, apricot, lemon, etc. - whatever your favorite is!)
Do not handle dough any more than you have to as it can cause it to become tough, not flaky.
Recipe is easily halved or doubled.
Now how easy is that right? Remember you can use whatever fillings you want but even this basic Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish Recipe is a treat. My family is completely hooked on them.
If you’re like me you like to have a bit of a visual so here are some of the steps in photos to show you how easy it is to make this Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish Recipe.
Twist the crescent rolls, kind of looks like bread sticks.
Now you form the circle and put the ends in the middle to complete the base of Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish.
Add the filling and it’s time to bake them.
Once cooled you can add the icing.
Now it’s time to go and enjoy your delicious treat. Will it be with coffee or tea? Coffee for me. Enjoy your Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish!
Looking for a tasty treat or meal? Check out our Recipes section from desserts to appetizers, meals and everything in between.