Powered by Mom’s Grilled Chicken Bowl Recipe
This grilled chicken bowl recipe is a delicious, easy to make healthy summer meal
I love this grilled chicken bowl recipe because it’s so easy to make and you can change it up by using whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. It’s also perfect for using up leftover chicken. I started making this grilled chicken bowl by seeing what I had in my fridge for something healthier but still tasty and filling.
There’s also a $500 Home Depot Gift Card Giveaway thanks to Chicken Farmers of Canada. Check out the recipe and at the end of the post enter the giveaway!
I love vegetables but sometimes I get lazy and just make the same old thing like an easy salad. This time I wanted something different and I wanted it with grilled chicken and lots of veggies. I also wanted to have this grilled chicken bowl be a meal so I decided to have rice be the first layer of the bowl. You can use brown or white rice, I did white this time as we were out of brown rice which is what we usually use.
I always look for the label above when I buy our chicken as I only want chicken raised by a Canadian farmer.
Why do I only want chicken raised by a Canadian farmer?
There’s several reasons, to start we know our Canadian chicken is grain-fed, free of hormones and steroids, all are very important to us. ALL Canadian chicken farmers have to follow a strict and mandatory, audited Animal Care Program. That makes me feel confident when I buy chicken raised by a Canadian chicken farmer. If your store doesn’t carry it make sure to ask them about bringing it in and supporting family owned businesses as vver 90% of Canada’s chicken farms are family owned and operated.
- chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/2 cup of cooked corn
- 1/2 of avocado sliced up
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 of cherry tomatoes
- dollop of sour cream (optional)
- pinch of cheese (optional)
- Grill your chicken. Heat the grill to a medium heat. Cover the chicken breast in the olive oil/salt/pepper. Place on grill on each side for about 6 minutes or until fully cooked.
- When the chicken is done on the grill place it on a cutting board to cool.
- Start to constructing your bowl. Layer the bottom with rice (or veggies if you want to skip the rice. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, corn, and avocado around the bowl.
- Cut up your chicken into bite size piece and add to your bowl. In the center of the bowl add a dollop of sour cream if you like. Then sprinkle on top a pinch of cheese. Now it’s ready for you to dig in and enjoy.
Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Make it your own that’s what makes this chicken bowl such a great recipe, it’s easy to change it to suit what ingredients you have in your fridge.
If you want less carbs skip the rice and add more vegetables and chicken!
Super Easy to Make
I told you super easy right? Remember you can switch up the recipe to suit whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. You’ll be able to create so many delicious yet different meals that way. This could easily be a Chicken Teriyaki Bowl, you could do it with the rice (or without) carrots, snap peas, sesame seeds and of course some teriyaki sauce on your chicken and voila another delicious meal. Be creative and add your favourite veggies.
You know we like to always give you some visuals with our recipes so here we go.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own