- chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/2 cup of cooked corn
- 1/2 of avocado sliced up
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 of cherry tomatoes
- dollop of sour cream (optional)
- pinch of cheese (optional)
- Grill your chicken. Heat the grill to a medium heat. Cover the chicken breast in the olive oil/salt/pepper. Place on grill on each side for about 6 minutes or until fully cooked.
- When the chicken is done on the grill place it on a cutting board to cool.
- Start to constructing your bowl. Layer the bottom with rice (or veggies if you want to skip the rice. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, corn, and avocado around the bowl.
- Cut up your chicken into bite size piece and add to your bowl. In the center of the bowl add a dollop of sour cream if you like. Then sprinkle on top a pinch of cheese. Now it’s ready for you to dig in and enjoy.
Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Make it your own that’s what makes this chicken bowl such a great recipe, it’s easy to change it to suit what ingredients you have in your fridge.
If you want less carbs skip the rice and add more vegetables and chicken!